We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Royal Aug 12, finally submitted my review....

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
dorset
Level Contributor
2,779 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
The Royal Aug 12, finally submitted my review....

Well finally got round to doing it. I am the first to admit that writing reviews is not my strong point, but like to do them, particularly in this case to reiterate all the wonderful things previously said about The Royal. Also wanted to point out the few things that for me were negatives.

Hope it help in someway, and i have uploaded some nice photos.

dorset
Level Contributor
2,779 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: The Royal Aug 12, finally submitted my review....

janine, turn right as you exit The Royal. Its roughly a 10 minute walk, not far past Le Blanc.

I absolutely love this bar, its only tiny though with just 3 tables, but does have a fantastic drinks menu and we have heard the food is fab too. You will often see locals stopping of to eat which is always a good sign. They have a facebook page that you can join too.

dorset
Level Contributor
2,779 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: The Royal Aug 12, finally submitted my review....

larry, lol, thats exactly what we said, nice touch but we are not driving in Cancun!

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: The Royal Aug 12, finally submitted my review....

hi guys - im looking forward to going to the royal in december for a fortnight - wanted to keep down the case weight can anyone please tell me what toiletries are provided - seems pointless to take with us if they already there to be used. Thanks in andvance :) x

dorset
Level Contributor
2,779 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: The Royal Aug 12, finally submitted my review....

Hi Penny, they have all the usuals, shampoo, conditioner, body lotion etc. However unlike SSS they do not provide sun lotion, which i kind of expected from The Royal. In our room category they also had hair straighteners.

Whilst i think the shampoo does suffice, i always prefer to take my own conditioner.

Hope you have a fab time.

Level Contributor
23 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: The Royal Aug 12, finally submitted my review....

Hi I'm also interested in this, in particular what brands and what quantities? I'm leaning towards taking my own but I go through a lot of toiletries and my luggage allowance is limited....

Level Contributor
23 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: The Royal Aug 12, finally submitted my review....

Ps thanks for the review Lola, v. Interesting!

dorset
Level Contributor
2,779 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: The Royal Aug 12, finally submitted my review....

Well some room categories have Bvlgari which is very nice indeed, and i was suprised that we didn't, we were in Royal Oceanfront 7th floor. I dont think what we had this year was actually branded, but it was decent anyway. Bottles are quite small, but they do restock daily if needed. There was also mouth wash.

Regardless of what they supply, i always take my own anyway, and then bring theirs home, lol.

Chesapeake, Virginia
3 posts
Save Reply
18. Re: The Royal Aug 12, finally submitted my review....

Which resort is SSS?

Chesapeake, Virginia
3 posts
Save Reply
19. Re: The Royal Aug 12, finally submitted my review....

Which resort is SSS? I am looking for an upbeat fun but classy resort for a ladies birthday get away in January.

dorset
Level Contributor
2,779 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: The Royal Aug 12, finally submitted my review....

Secrets Silversands in the Riviera Maya.

Its very upbeat & lively but classy too! Only down side is it does not have a great beach & your are obviously more isolated. We never felt the need to go off resort in the evenings as the night life there was superb!