We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone stayed at the Royal Solaris?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
new york
14 posts
Save Topic
Has anyone stayed at the Royal Solaris?

Is the caribe side really much quiter?Do the rooms have balconies? Which is the better (nicer) building.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
85 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Has anyone stayed at the Royal Solaris?

We stayed on the Tower side. The pool area on the tower side is larger - thus probably more people. I felt I was nearer were I wanted to be during theday - so we enjoyed being on the Tower side. I don't remember a noise problem.

We did go over to the caribe side - & there did not appear to be as many people - so it probably is quieter. I believe there are balcony's - but not sure, We stayed in the cheapest room (I was with by daughter) & figured we would not be in the room much - which is true. Enjoy - We had a great time and loved it there!

Farmington, MN
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Has anyone stayed at the Royal Solaris?

We stayed on the Tower Side. 7th floor #1705. Jan 23-28th.

We had a balcony. The room was nice. King size bed.

It was nice to have the balcony. We faced the Lagoon and loved it. We would have loved the ocean view but you get the sunsets in the evening on the lagoon side. Not to mention you are never in your room. It appeared that the 7th and 8th floors in the tower have balconies and the end units on each floor. But there are rooms that do not have balconies.

The Caribe side appeared to be quieter while we were there.

Some rooms there also had balconies and some did not.

I think the Caribe side was nicer in respects to looks.

It has a completly different make up.

I have a picture of each. I could send them to you if you like.

We found that the tower side was at the center of everything.

We loved it. We would try the Caribe side for the heck of it next time.

Let me know if you want the pictures.

I have many of the Royal Solaris.

Lisa :0)

new york
14 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Has anyone stayed at the Royal Solaris?

I would love to see any pictures. How was the beach- do they have chairs. Some pics seem like there aren't any. Can you swim in the ocean there or is it too rough. I am going with my two young kids. I heard there was alot of construction going on.Is this true? How was the food?Are there a lot of partiers, or is it more mellow?Please tell me as much as you can!!

Farmington, MN
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Has anyone stayed at the Royal Solaris?

The beach was great. We were able to swim in it every day.

Some days the waves were big and some days they were small. Depends on the wind. If it was really windy the waves get pretty big. Not real safe for kids but if you are with them it is fun staying in the shallower part of the water.

There are some rocks but you can clearly see them and there are plenty of spots right on the beach to swim in. The water is really warm.

In the early am we would walk down the beach (going south towards club med) and there are little pools of water by the rocks and there are little fish and crabs in the water pools.

And shells are good too in the AM. Gotta do it by 8am.

In regards to chairs there are many on the beach but the key to getting a chair on the beach is to get there early and put a towel on it.

We were able to get chairs on the beach at 11am or so but after 1 forget it. There was a couple of days we couldn't get a chair on the beach so we got an extra towel and enjoyed sitting in the sand. It was perfect. We were thrilled just to be on the beach in the sun.

This goes for the pool area. I went down one morning at 6:30am to put a towel on our chairs. And there weren't but 5 or 6 left to choose from.

So get a towel on the chairs you need early.

Everyone does it so you might as well too!

Especially if you have kids. You kind of want a home base for the day.

The kids will love the pool area at the main tower. There is music and activities all day. Everyone of all ages will be there.

There will be people drinking but I was a good crowd when we were there.

There is no construction at all.

The food is good. Not five star but lot's of choices.

The buffet is in the main tower and has all sorts of choices.

And breakfast was great everyday.

There is also a hamburger/hotdog stand with nachos and stuff all day and it is right by the pool. We had a few snacks there.

Send me you email address and I can get the pictures to you!

My email address is sugiebug@charter.net.

I know there is more but you will have a great time.

When are you going??