We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Everyone note your favorite restaurant - need suggestions

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Boston...
Level Contributor
214 posts
4 reviews
Everyone note your favorite restaurant - need suggestions

Hey cancunians! I always love making sure I go to good places while I'm visiting a certain area. It doesnt matter the price range.... I'm not into the extremely fancy restaurants though- any of your suggestions will help. I'm definately going to go to La parilla, (I think thats the right name). Let me know... what kind of food the places serve, great dish. thanks everyone.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
14,731 posts
196 reviews
1. Re: Everyone note your favorite restaurant - need suggestions

Loved Thai (formerly Thai Lounge). The atmosphere is what really got me. I think the food was good, but it was our first Thai food experience!

Las Margaritas, for Mexican food. We had the best server that night we went there, and it was a memorable experience for us.

Both of these are in La Isla shopping center.

We also liked La Parilla downtonw for a more authentic feel!

LD2
Hudson OH
Level Contributor
26 posts
2. Re: Everyone note your favorite restaurant - need suggestions

One of the reasons we LOVE Cancun is the myriad of excellent dining options! La Palapa is a wonderful, albeit hard to find, small restaurant with excellent food - and FRESH fish- from its Belgian Chef. It is romantic al fresco dining for a great price and has a superb lagoon view. It's our favorite for a break from Mexican. Our favorite Yucatan is Paloma Bonita (formerly Maria Bonita)and, for great casual Mexican, La Placita (don't know if the one across from the Royal Sands survived Wilma - go there to watch the sunset on the patio!)