We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Acidophylis/Lactobacillis...

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
canada , Alberta
Level Contributor
197 posts
Save Topic
Acidophylis/Lactobacillis...

I am interested in knowing more about these pills. Can you buy these in cancun aswell if so where . The health food store here has them but they say that they need to stay cool to be effective. Since our flight is over 6 hrs I am not sure how to keep them cool while flying??? any idea or comments?

Mississauga, Ontario
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Acidophylis/Lactobacillis...

Hi there--I too am wondering about taking acidophilis so I won't get sick. I did find it at Walmart in the Jameison product line, no refridgeration needed.. I'm going to the walkin clinic to get a prescription ahead of time in case my stomach or my children goes out to lunch.

canada , Alberta
Level Contributor
197 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Acidophylis/Lactobacillis...

Thanx everyone for your input. Very helpful information.

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,448 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Acidophylis/Lactobacillis...

There are dozens of manufacturers of them-check groc.stores, health stores, etc. They can definitely be beneficial, as can eating yogurt every day. The main thing to do is use caution in eating-if it doesn't look right, taste right, etc., avoid it. If you are succeptable to food ailments, carry pepto, drink bottled water, or the purified water most hotels use. Avoid getting overly tired and don't over-do either the sun or the alcohol. Try to maintain a semi regular schedule (like, don't stay up 'till 4am every day if that isn't your normal routine). Oft times, getting ill is just your body on overload. (sorry-I sound like the mom here)

Long Island, NY
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
14. Re: Acidophylis/Lactobacillis...

Be careful!!!! I took it and now have been covered in hives for the last 3 days! My entire body is itchy from head to toe! Be careful with too much live bacteria, and don't listen to that bull about taking as much as you like!! I'm getting married in less than 2 weeks and I read that the hives can last up to 6 weeks!!!! I took it 4x/day for 2 days and got the hives. If you are going to try it, don't take as much as I did!!

Virginia
Level Contributor
969 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Acidophylis/Lactobacillis...

It might help to tell us how much you took. We started on Acidophilus Pearls a couple of weeks before our trip. We didn't get sick, although I don't know if the pearls prevented anything. They do have some other beneficial effects that I won't mention ;)