We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

baggage storage service in Cancun's bus station

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Belize City, Belize
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
baggage storage service in Cancun's bus station

I am planning a trip to Isla Mujeres, but, before actually going to check into our hotel in Isla, I would like to tour Cancun. Is there any service near the bus station that provides a baggage storage service? We would like to know, because we also plan to store our luggage a second time. We would like to check out of our hotel in Isla, return back to cancun, store our luggage and tour Cancun once more, before we decide to leave.

Kindly assist! Thanks :D

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
42,175 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: baggage storage service in Cancun's bus station

ADO does have a safe, secure luggage storage in the terminal. It is located near the second class waiting area of the terminal.

Limbo
Level Contributor
2,791 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: baggage storage service in Cancun's bus station

I second what Robert said...I have used the baggage storage before! And my brother-in-law works at the ADO in Cancun, so it better be safe! ;)

Belize City, Belize
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: baggage storage service in Cancun's bus station

RobertSDF & gbchayctca thank you both! you have been very helpful. I can now make my trip with no worries about my luggage. GRACIAS!!! :)

Parma, Italy
Level Contributor
177 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: baggage storage service in Cancun's bus station

Hi,

just a question more:

is it safe that service for long time storage? We are planning a 12 days tour in Yucatan (luggages stored there) and then we will spend a week diving in Tulum or nearby. We are ten people and have a lot of luggages.....

If so, how far is ADO terminal from Cancun Intl Airport?

tks

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
27,635 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: baggage storage service in Cancun's bus station

prolonga, the Cancun ADO bus station is about a 25 minutes bus ride from the Cancun airport. 52 pesos per person one way. The buses depart the airport at roughly 15 and 45 minutes after the hour. More details can be found using this tutorial:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g150807-i8-k523882…

Some useful pictures here:

tinyurl.com/7m3r6

I am confused why you would want long term storage of luggage.

Edited: 9:49 am, April 09, 2012
Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
42,175 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: baggage storage service in Cancun's bus station

It would be very expensive for long term storage since they only offer hourly rates. For what you need, I would look elsewhere.

Parma, Italy
Level Contributor
177 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: baggage storage service in Cancun's bus station

CO_Pilot54:

I want long term storage because we are a lot of people (ten maybe twelve), every one has luggage and diving bag. This means 20 pieces at least and we assume it's not safe to travel with so many baggage. Morevover, we are planning to stop over only one night each place that means a trip with 12 stop overs and we would like to travel without the hassle of carrying all that baggage every night in the room...

RobertSDF:

ok i'ts a short term service. But elsewhere.... where? :-)

Edited: 4:35 pm, April 09, 2012
Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
42,175 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: baggage storage service in Cancun's bus station

Good question. But at least I didnt ask you why! Really, I dont know the answer. It seems I have seen signs offering luggage storage nearby ADO but tying to remember where. If I can come up with something, I will let you know.

Parma, Italy
Level Contributor
177 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: baggage storage service in Cancun's bus station

..... and I will be very grateful to you, RobertSDF

Melbourne, Australia
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: baggage storage service in Cancun's bus station

Any luck anyone?

Im stuck with the same thing, I dont want to lug around lugguage for 10 days on trips.