We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Live Aqua--Cabana question

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Indy
Level Contributor
56 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Live Aqua--Cabana question

We are booked in a suite at Live Aqua. I know this comes with a reserved cabana. From the pictures it appears that the cabanas are pretty much totally shaded. Can I reserve the cabana and spend time there off and on throughout the day? I don't want to spend all my time in the shade. I generally like to spend the morning in the sun and hit the shade after lunch. Is this ok? I know that they give the cabanas away after noon if they aren't taken. If I reserve one will they expect me to be in it all day? I don't want to be rude and hog it, but I also want to get my $$ worth. The cabana is the reason I upgraded.

Also, can someone please explain this? I saw this regarding the benefits of the Aqua Club or the suites--don't remember which.

• Access to the exclusive Pool Club where you will be able to enjoy the privacy of the area that offers swimming pool, pool bar and customized and professional service of the pool concierges that make books and magazines available to you, fresh towels and drinks.

Fort Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
92 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Live Aqua--Cabana question

Once you reserve the cabana, it is yours for the day. Whether you sit in it for 5 or 10mn, all day or not at all is up to you ;)

Aqua club has nothing to do with the pools. There is no private pool or exclusivity to the swim up bar pool.

Aqua club prvies are specifically for the Aqua lounge on 5th floor which we visited multiple times per day through out our stay,. For the $22 per night I paid for the upgrade, I felt it was well worth it (and so did my gf).

They wanted $200 per night to upgrade to a suite. That was NOT worth it to me.

Indy
Level Contributor
56 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Live Aqua--Cabana question

Thanks Mike.

Brockville, Canada
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Live Aqua--Cabana question

I read your message on aqua club privileges , but I am still confused as to whether there are differences between "aqua club" terrace oceanfront rooms and "aqua suites" as it pertains to privileges. We have booked the aqua club oceanfront terrace room and I am hoping this comes with the cabana at no extra charge, would you have any info . on this?

Brockville, Canada
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Live Aqua--Cabana question

Thank you for sharing your vacation experience.

This will be our first time at Live Aqua, we will be there during March Break, can you give me a heads up to things we should be aware of or plan for, please.

Are there dress codes for restaurants?

We are thinking of taking a taxi to and from the airport as we have read they are fairly inexpensive and reliable, any info. as to this arrangement. We have to arrange our own transportation it does not come with our package.

Also, I read about travelling to various ruins. We thought of taking a taxi to the nearest one to get a touch of their history, did you take any excursions worth noting?

Just wondering, did you have to book a suite to get the cabanas at no extra charge or did your upgrade to "aqua club" automatically give you this privilege? We have booked an oceanfront terrace room with an "aqua club" upgrade with hopes this gives us the same privileges as a suite. We are expecting to arrive before 11 am and thought the upgrade would give us the previledge of using the facilities earlier, as we know the check in time is later in the day.

Thanks again

5. Re: Live Aqua--Cabana question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, February 18, 2014