We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which private airport transfer company is best

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Markham, Canada
Level Contributor
225 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Which private airport transfer company is best

Travelling to Cancun Feb 19th to 26th and am a bit confused as to which transfer to use. I've read complaints of others waiting for ages on the buses provided by the airlines/hotels and I don't want to take forever to get to my hotel. I see USA transfer, Cancun transfer, Lomas tours and Dream vacations mentioned on this forum. I don't really want to give my credit card info over the web, so which of these is best and doesn't require payment up front? Also, is it safe taking a private transfer as compared to the shared transportation provided by the airline (Sunwing in my case)? We took the included transportation last time (AirTransat) and while it was ok, we did have to wait for others and stop at some hotels enroute, though not for the return as we seemed to be the only ones leaving at that ungodly hour. Travelling at better times this trip so more likelyhood of being in the company of many others.

There will be 4 of us travelling together, all adults.

Denver, CO
Level Contributor
396 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which private airport transfer company is best

USA Transfers -- you can book online at http://www.entertainment-plus.net/

Make your reservation online and print/take your voucher with you (they email it to you). Pay the driver in cash when you get there. USA Transfers is private only -- they take you straight to your hotel with no stops and will take you straight to the airport when your vacation is over.

(I'm not affiliated - just a happy customer.)

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
797 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which private airport transfer company is best

Another option with USA Transfers is to pay in advance via PayPal. That's what I did to avoid carrying a lot of cash or giving out my CC numbers.

Cancun
Level Contributor
1,175 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Which private airport transfer company is best

USA Transfers is totally safe. They constantly get excellent reviews about their drivers/service. I used to work for a company that sold them and we RARELY got complaints....only a few a YEAR. So, they are definitely doing something right.

California
Level Contributor
569 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which private airport transfer company is best

I've never had a problem with BestDay. We book and pay in advance and have never been let down. We've used them at least a dozen times over the last 5 years.

The transfer of information between computers is encrypted, there is very little to be concerned about unless your whole system is compromised, in which case this is the least of your worries.

Markham, Canada
Level Contributor
225 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which private airport transfer company is best

thank you to all of you who responded. I think I will book with USA transfers as that seems to be the most recommended and I checked out the reviews on TripAdvisor for them. I also like the fact you don't have to prepay.

Louisville
Level Contributor
3,115 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which private airport transfer company is best

We have always used Thomas More Travel. Never had a problem so no need to switch.

Clean vans, Well dresssed & friendly staff and the their service is dependable.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
27 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which private airport transfer company is best

I agree with the above and always go with USA Transfers. This coming March will be our 4th time using them and have no complaints. Once we exit the airport its a matter of minutes before we are on our way.

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
2,136 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which private airport transfer company is best

We always use USA transfers, super reliable, no gimmicks.

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
24,997 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Which private airport transfer company is best

I'm a happy USA customer too and can't recommend them highly enough.

One thing though, if your package (e.g. Sunwing) includes ground transfers, please take a minute at the airport to contact the representative and let them know you won't be taking the bus. It's just not nice to keep a busload of people waiting for you whilst you're being whisked off to the resort in the luxury of your private transfer.

Markham, Canada
Level Contributor
225 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Which private airport transfer company is best

Llisa,

I was planning on doing that. I agree and I bet that's why those buses are notoriously waiting at the airport when others don't take the time to inform them. I have taken private transfers in Jamaica and informed them ahead of time, though I know others didn't as we had waited needlessly for them to show on previous occasions.

thanks again to all for their valuable advice.