We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Verizon Wireless

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Decatur, Illinois
Level Contributor
421 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Verizon Wireless

Ok.. I took everyone's advice and added International dialing to my cell plan. They couldn't tell me exactly how much a call would be. They said that they charge roaming... but the long distance charges would be up the carrier we got in Mexico. Can someone who has actually made a call on their Verizon phone tell me about how much a call cost them??? Thanks

Providence, RI
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Verizon Wireless

Looked into it myself and found it to be cheaper to rent a phone from cancunvalet.com

here is the info from their page:

USAGE: Our phones will call to anywhere in Mexico, the United States, United Kingdom, Canada or Europe, and are charged at 69 cents per minute, with a $5 per day minimum. (In other words, if you have a phone for six days and never use it , you are still liable for $30 upon its return, so you might as well make 42 minutes of calls -- you paid for them!)

If you wish to call other countries, please contact Cancun Valet for further information.

SERVICE CHARGE: To reserve, and to cover the cost of setting up, delivering and picking up the phone(s), there is a $10 fee per phone. This amount becomes non-refundable 48 hours before your requested start date.

I think this is the way to go vs. Verizons charges. I think you'll spend at least that and from what I hear there is no guarantee your verizon phone will even work down there.

Decatur, Illinois
Level Contributor
421 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Verizon Wireless

Thanks...for the info. I may look into that. I just wanted to use my own phone if possible. Can anyone tell me what a Verizon call actually cost them?

CT, USA
Level Contributor
110 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Verizon Wireless

I am wondering the same thing....anyone know??