We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Turtle Release

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Mansfield, Texas
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Turtle Release

Has anyone ever been involved with a baby turtle release in Cancun? I was wondering when the turtles might be hatching and what I would need to do to get involved with a baby turtle release. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Leaving in the morning for 8 days at Crown Paradise - can't wait!!!

Thanks

Mexico
Level Contributor
2,121 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Turtle Release

The resorts normally organize it up and let you know when they are having a release. Guests are welcome to meet on the beach at that time (in the evening) and turtles are distributed for release.

Ask the concierge as soon as you arrive if they are participating. If not, keep an eye on the neighboring resorts and they may be and you can join.

I did this last year.

Mansfield, Texas
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Turtle Release

Hi LTLCancun

Thanks very much for your reply. What month did you do it last year? I am not sure if the next week or so is too early or not.

Cancun
Level Contributor
485 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Turtle Release

I know the Ritz released their first batch last week, so you're probably not too early. There might not be as many as late August - September, but there will be a few.

connecticut
Level Contributor
601 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Turtle Release

We have been lucky enough to be able to participate every year in october........its wonderful !!

Portland, Oregon
14 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Turtle Release

I hope we are able to participate in this. Our children will love it!

Medina, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,232 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Turtle Release

we did it the second week in oct last year. it was awesome.

it was at royal solaris. they did not really let people know we where just out there when they did it but it was about 10 or 11 at night.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
41,205 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Turtle Release

Hatching goes into early November

Mexico
Level Contributor
2,121 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Turtle Release

End of August for me.

US
Level Contributor
45 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Turtle Release

We've only been in Cancun while the mamas were laying the eggs, both times in June and were fortunate enough to be able to assist. This time we're returning with the kids the second week of October and we're really hoping to see the hatchlings. It's the primary reason why we chose October actually. I wish we could somehow compile a list of resorts that participate. I did an extensive google search and wasn't able to find a lot of details unfortunately.

Portland, Oregon
14 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Turtle Release

I am now wondering if the Barcelo Tucancun will participate.