We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ever wonder why so many Canadians.....

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Canada
Level Contributor
412 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Ever wonder why so many Canadians.....

go to Cancun in Feb, woke up this morning temp was -30 and with the wind chill -41.(celsius)

We go from below 30 to above 30 in four or five hours, kind of like the guy who's wife wanted a gift that went from 0 to 180 in under five seconds, so he got her a bathroom scale.

stoney creek
Level Contributor
2,243 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ever wonder why so many Canadians.....

HAHAHAHA, She probably looks really HOT in a bikini.

Cancun
Level Contributor
5,555 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Ever wonder why so many Canadians.....

Yikes! Ever wonder why CancunCanuck MOVED to Cancun? ;)

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Topeka, Kansas
Level Contributor
1,634 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ever wonder why so many Canadians.....

debi,

that's funny. I remember when we lived in Minnesota the wind chill would get to -36(f). i'd havre to drive my kids to the bus stop and I'd sit and wonder "WHAT am I doing here?" Now that we're in Illinois, it's not near as bad.

I feel your pain baby!

Diva

Brighton
Level Contributor
525 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Ever wonder why so many Canadians.....

Wow that's cold! Just got back from Prague a couple of weekends ago and it hit -12 and I thought that was cold. I now know why there are so many Canadians in Cancun. It’s obviously nothing to do with the tequila.

Topeka, Kansas
Level Contributor
1,634 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ever wonder why so many Canadians.....

Okay, to put it in a nutshell....

It's ALWAYS colder than a brass commode in February! Why wouldn't you want to go to Cancun!

There.

Divamom

Canada
Level Contributor
412 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ever wonder why so many Canadians.....

CancunCanuck you were very smart to make the move. We were there last year our first time, don't even think we got home and started planning our trip back for this year, and we go at the end of feb so when we get back there is only like three more weeks of winter.

Tomorrow I have to call my brother he works outside as a postman, you know you say I love you, and see you when we get back from a week of sitting in the sun. How mean is that. ha ha ha

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
305 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ever wonder why so many Canadians.....

Debi, we are in Winnipeg also, and right behind you headed for Cancun March 6. Not that I wish ill for those left behind, but I love leaving for Cancun when it is -30 and they have to deice the plane. REALLY makes you appreciate your holiday.

Canada!!
Level Contributor
918 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ever wonder why so many Canadians.....

Debi we are in Sask and had -45 C with windchill today, so I know the feeling. Tomorrow the high is -50 with windchill.

We leave at 5 am tomorrow for Mexico! I can hardly wait.

Canada
Level Contributor
412 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ever wonder why so many Canadians.....

CancunCrazyCanadian where are you staying? We leave 5 am saturday morning, staying at the golden crown, just counting down the hours now, and really don't care about the weather here. hee hee hee Meow!

Canada!!
Level Contributor
918 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ever wonder why so many Canadians.....

You got it! Let it snow let it snow let it snow!

We are taking our first winter trip that isn't in Cancun this year. We are trying out the Grand Marival over in Nuevo Vallarta just for something different. We booked back in July before Wilma, but ever since I have been watching what happened I really am in withdrawl about not being able to go back and see how my favorite place is doing.

You will have a terrific time I am sure. Enjoy Cancun and please have a nice COLD drink for me!