We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Surfing Cancun

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cancun
Level Contributor
15 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Surfing Cancun

I have noticed many question and responses regarding surfing and waves in Cancun. IS THERE SURF IN CANCUN? to answer all your question about surfing in Cancun...YES, yes there is surf in Cancun. Starting at Playa Chac Moo, located where all the night clubs are till Playa Delfin.

It can be small(1ft), and friendly (perfect for learning) and it can also get large (6+ ft). Fact of the matter is that its always fun to surf here, I've been surfing for over 24 years and been living here for 11 years. I can assure you we have waves, otherwise I wouldn't be living here. If you are strictly looking for the best quality surf vacation, I would recommend the obvious Hawaii, Australia or Puerto Escondido Mexico.

Cancun is a perfect place to learn and its great for amateur surfers. I promise that when you paddle out you will have fun.

I'm sure the locals are happy that people think there is no surf in Cancun, Say what you will surfing Cancun is fun.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Surfing Cancun

I recently booked a day of surfing for my three daughters (12, 10 & 7) with Surfing Cancun and could not believe how great Narley (the owner of surfing Cancun) was with my kids and treated us all like we were family! We all got involved and enjoyed it so much we booked the next three days! My kids are all surfers and our next vacation will be back to Cancun to surf with Narley!!!!

Cancún, Quintana...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Surfing Cancun

360 Surf School Cancun thank you!! from me and the girls!

I had the best time surfing in Cancun with my girlfriends this Feb 2012. We learned how to surf with 360 Surf School Cancun. Our instructor David a.k.a 360Dave was the best!!!! He was super patient and got all of us up and surfing within ten minutes of entering the water. His instructions were thorough, covering surfing technique, safety, and how to catch waves on our own! Wow I've wanted to surf for so many years now. I am hooked, thank you so so much 360Dave and 360 Surf School Cancun for making one of my dreams come true.

We will see you next year again, for more lessons and renting a surfboard!

Leesburg, Virginia...
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Surfing Cancun

360 Surf School was fantastic for our family on our Spring Break trip April 2012! We thoroughly enjoyed Dave. He took time with each of us individually...and all of us actually surfed! It was amazing. : ) We would highly recommend hiring Dave for a fun surfing adventure. We are hooked and will definitely hire Dave the next time we visit Cancun. It was a blast! Give it a try.

4. Re: Surfing Cancun

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:47 am, June 11, 2013