We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Info on Cancun Palace

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
cincinnati, OH
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Topic
Info on Cancun Palace

Is Cancun Palace for adults only?

Alexandria, Virginia
Level Contributor
153 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Info on Cancun Palace

According to a book I have on all the Palace resorts, the Cancun Palace is not for adults only. You may want to try the Golden Crown Paradise (adults only 18+) or Blue Bay Getaway (adults only 18+).

cincinnati, OH
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Info on Cancun Palace

Thanks for the reply. Oh well, hopefully it won't be filled with too many kids. My husband and I are going in November for our anniversary and we are leaving our 3 kids behind.

Memphis, Tn.
11 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Info on Cancun Palace

Hello. My husband and I are going to Cancun Palace in October. We have never been to Cancun before and are really excited. Do you have any info on this hotel, have you ever been before? Hopefully good weather for snorkeling. Hope you guys have a blast.

St. Louis, MO USA
Level Contributor
2,135 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Info on Cancun Palace

The Cancun Palace isn't for adults only but it can get rowdy at times by the pool bar in the day. If you are bringing small children they have a kids pool farther on the other side where kids will not be seeing things they shouldn't. All ages come here but most the age there is 30+ crowd. In the summer there will be a lot of families, during spring break, the spring break crowd. I would avoid that time unless you like that kind of stuff. The best time to go if your looking for more of an adult surroundings is Oct-Jan. Except for Christmas break.

Memphis, Tn.
11 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Info on Cancun Palace

Thanks for your reply. My husband and I would like to do alot, alot, alot, of snorkeling. Any tips on this?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
529 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Info on Cancun Palace

i stayed at the Cancun Palace is March LOVED the hotel, the beach was great. The food was excellent esp there buffet breakfast. The rooms are a great size, the staff treated you great. The pool was huge so you weren't bumping into anyone. I didn't see it getting roudy while I was there. It is good for kids and families of all ages without any problems. And plus you can use all the other palace resorts for free. If anythign let me know.

cincinnati, OH
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Info on Cancun Palace

Karen,

Yes we have been to cancun before in October actually you will have a great time and the weather is perfect for snorkeling. We did snorkel when we went in October about 7 years ago, be careful for the coral my husband and I both cut ourselves. We are going for our 10 year anniversary in November without our 3 kids, can't wait!!! Hope you have a great time as well.

8. Re: Info on Cancun Palace

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:28 pm, October 14, 2004
Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
1,625 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Info on Cancun Palace

We went in June 2000 and are going back in Oct. Not adults only, but a moderate number of 20 somethings. It's the BEST beach in Cancun because there are no rocks and the water is crystal clear. The hotel floors are all marble so be prepared to hear everything in the corridors from your room. Bring earplugs and I don't say that jokingly. With the sea air, carpet would just mildew so they don't bother. Despite the fact we were there in June when school was out, the place was not overrun by kids making trouble. They go into town for that. The hotel is relatively quite after 11pm so don't despair. As for really little ones, I don't remember seeing any. All in all, you'll love it. I was scared to death to go to what I thought was a third world country and am going back there instead of any other island I could have chosen. It was a very good vacation. P.S. Snorkling is good but elementary.

Maine
Level Contributor
442 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Info on Cancun Palace

Sounds great! We will be there in Feb 05.