We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ever think of traveling mid week to mid week?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Boardman, Ohio
Level Contributor
7,417 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Ever think of traveling mid week to mid week?

Just being curious about prices, i checked apple vacations on the day I leave, 2/23, (its a Thursday) for a week(Im only going 5 days)and was surprised about the difference in prices.

i.e.:

From Pittsburgh to the Riu Cancun, Sunday to Sunday travel(8 days/7 nights) non stop flight, 02/19-02/26: $1500 pp.

From Pittsburgh to the Riu Cancun, Thursday to Thursday(8 days/7 nights) non stop flight,

02/23 thru 03/02: $1089 pp

A little over $400 pp cheaper.

Ill have to keep this in mind for the next trip.

Topeka, Kansas
Level Contributor
1,634 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ever think of traveling mid week to mid week?

I find that so amazing. I guess if yo can leave during the middle of the week it can really pay off!

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
305 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ever think of traveling mid week to mid week?

We prefer it. The airport is not busy at all.

Broken Bow, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
1,729 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Ever think of traveling mid week to mid week?

That is the way I went last time. Thursday

arrival and leave Monday Pm. Not bad at all.

That way you catch the weekend.

Kentucky
Level Contributor
1,327 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Ever think of traveling mid week to mid week?

We usually do that the week after Christmas. This past year we went Tuesday-Tuesday. It has more to do with when Christmas falls and when the kids go back to school than prices at that time of year, though.

I hear that it is almost always cheaper to fly mid-week. I think Sunday is the busiest and most expensive day.

NE Ohio
Level Contributor
1,175 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ever think of traveling mid week to mid week?

We usually travel Thurs. - Thurs. Everything is cheaper - hotels, cars, etc. Also, we got through customs in Cancun quicker. I've heard it is way too crowded on Sat./Sun.

Pewaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
208 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ever think of traveling mid week to mid week?

We are traveling Monday to Monday. I think if you broke down the prices it came to $199 a person. Much less than on the weekend. We also saved $500 by leaving from Chicago rather than Milwaukee.

chicago
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Ever think of traveling mid week to mid week?

Domestically that happens, too, with higher airfares for travel on weekend days. Typically, people who are working take off from weekend to weekend to maximize their vacation, plus there's a lot of honeymooners with Sunday departures-- so the travel companies have a high demand they make the mo$t of.