We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand oasis cancun kid friendly?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
boston,ma
2 posts
Save Topic
Grand oasis cancun kid friendly?

Hello I am staying at the Grand Oasis April 7 2011 to the 12th with my husband and our 2 And 3 yr old. After reading the reviews I am worried that this hotel may not be family friendly. Does the hotel offer any activities for kids and a kid pool? Also will I have access to the oasis palm which it seems does have a kids club? Any thought would be greatly appreciated.

Mentioned in this post
Grand Oasis Cancun
Grand Oasis Cancun
11,236 Reviews
Cancun, Mexico
Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand oasis cancun kid friendly?

Unless things have changed I thought this chain was called Be Live now,

Anyway this resort use to be head quarters for spring break, so that being said I would say its not for families, as it probably still has a following to atract spring break partiers.

The wrist band will get you into their other resorts as long as its the black one.

everett wa
Level Contributor
810 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand oasis cancun kid friendly?

When we were therein April 2009 all we could do is be thankful our kids were not with us. We were originally at the Oasis Viva beach and got transfered to this hotel..It was "girls gone wild" meets the drunken fool boys.I heard the Oasis Palm is great for kids..Also the water is scary rough..but the Oasis Palm beach is on the "calm" side of Cancun..

Mentioned in this post
Oasis Palm
Oasis Palm
3,122 Reviews
Cancun, Mexico
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
In a Little Cafe...
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
10,874 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand oasis cancun kid friendly?

The resort indeed has changed it's flag back to the Grand "Oasis", after a settlement in a protracted legal fight with their former operational tenant Globalia (Be Live).

The Oasis Palm was scheduled to reopen today, we'll have to wait for confirmation on whether she did or not as I've also seen anecdotal reports suggesting a later opening.

The dates you're traveling are the tail end of Spring Break and the resort shares it's ground with its sister resort the Oasis Cancun, an infamous or famous, depending on your take, Spring Break Resort. As such, many of the better bankrolled SBers stay at the Grand and party at both resorts.

The resort is family friendly but with all due respect, if it was me, it wouldn't be my family, especially at this time of year.

JMHO

Mentioned in this post
Grand Oasis Cancun
Grand Oasis Cancun
11,236 Reviews
Cancun, Mexico
Oasis Palm
Oasis Palm
3,122 Reviews
Cancun, Mexico
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
K2P
Rochester, NY
Level Contributor
135 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand oasis cancun kid friendly?

We were there in April 2009. We found the 'kid friendly' area to be at the end of the pool to the south. The middle section was quiet and the north section was 'spring break'. We did not use the kids program and our kids were older. We did see family games and kids activities in the south section of the pool. We personally had a great experience.

5. Re: Grand oasis cancun kid friendly?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, October 22, 2012