We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villa del Palmar Cancun's first guest review!!!

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Cancun, Mexico
Level Contributor
103 posts
Villa del Palmar Cancun's first guest review!!!

125. Re: Villa del Palmar Cancun

Dec 28, 2010, 5:53 PM

I'm here right now 12/28 (been here since Christmas day) and it is a beautiful resort 4-5 star all the way around. Beach is awesome, water is so many beautiful blue and green colors. You can walk down the beach quite a ways. Rooms are gorgeous and staff is wonderful. The resort is not 100% complete, but that does not get in the way of fun. Pool is beautiful. Food is very good too. There are adult and kids activities. 4 Shuttles a day into Cancun. Everything that Chrisrdz says is correct. Weather this week has not been the greatest, so that tends to put a damper on a things, but you can't control the weather! You have to bring your fun with you regardless of the weather! The General Manager Germinal Garcia is the greatest---he walks around to make sure everyone is enjoying their stay and if you have any issues he fixes them right away. I would book this resort again without hesitation. I will post pictures soon.....Hasta Luego....

Cancun, Mexico
Level Contributor
103 posts
1. Re: Villa del Palmar Cancun's first guest review!!!

Here is another review...

“Best choice I ever made for a hotel!”

Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa

Save Review

5 of 5 stars

FaizaC 1 contribution

Pittsburgh, PA

28 Dec 2010 | Trip type: Couples New

people found this review helpful

I could not help but write about my experience at Villa del Palmar. We arrived the day after the opening, and at first I am must admit, we were a bit skeptical about the place. The drive was a little long from the airport, and the hotel is still under construction. However, it took me all of 5 minutes to fall in love with this place. We were greeted with the all smiling staff, welcoming us and guiding us for our first ever trip to Mexico. As of today, we called the airline to extend our trip, because we love it so much here!

From a service and staff perspective, I give the resort a 10 out of 10! We were greeted by Alain at the front desk, who answered all of our questions and right from the beginning made me 100% sure that customer service was the first priorty at the resort. We had the opportunity to meet Luis his supervisor, who made time in a very busy day to spend some time with us and make us feel right at home. After that Dalila welcomed us as our designated concierge to answer all of our questions. We visit her at least twice a day with wanting to know whereto go, how to get there, questions about the resort, and island, and she knows the answer to everything. Alain and Luis are right by her side. For after hours, the nightlife is amazing with Abraham at the bar, ready to make you any special drink while making sure everyone at the bar is having a good time. Even the hotel General Manager, Germinal found time to talk to us about your stay. It’s funny, because I know all of these people by first name, because they made us feel right at home from the first minute we arrived.

Now getting to the hotel, yes it is under construction. However, the part of the resort that is up and running is more than enough. With two pools, and 4 jacuzzis (so far that I counted), there is more than enough water activities. If you want more, they have a bar on the beach with swings, free water sports (kayaking, paddle boats, snorkeling), all for you to do during the day. They offer activities each day, like salsa dancing lessons and much more. I spend today painting by the beach, so relaxing! If you want to do activities outside of the resort (swimming with dolphins, zipling, ect), they have a travel agency on site that will book everything for you and make all of your reservations. The staff here will accommodate any of your needs, and makes sure that you do not feel like the place is still undergoing construction. The rooms are so clean, with top of the line furniture and an elegant but contemporary design. The first thing I look at when choosing a hotel is the room, and these are by far the best rooms that I have ever stayed in on a vacation.

My husband and I were in Maui last month and stayed at the Ritz Carlton. That hotel does not even compare to Villa del Palmar and I recommend anyone who is at all skeptical about this place, to relax yourself, because staying here is the best decision you will ever make if you want a relaxing and unforgettable vacation!

Nebraska USA
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
2. Re: Villa del Palmar Cancun's first guest review!!!

1/1/11.....We're still here and still loving it!

The weather today is absolutely beautiful. Here are some tips. You must try a delicious drink at the Tiki Bar (right by the beach). Ask Andrei for a Sueno Rosa (Pink Dream). It is a creamy, fruity drink that totally rocks! It's AWESOME and so is Andrei. ALL the bartenders are great. Abraham at the bar by La Casona restaurant is really funny too and makes delicious shots! Shrek, Gordito and Spaghetti were other great staff members that were really funny. Room service food is very good as well as the breakfast at Zama.

The lobby staff was awesome too. Very helpful and accomodating to all our needs. Javier (Javi) on the Entertainment staff is very funny and full of energy. Ana is also on the Entertainment staff and she is very friendly and funny too.

Other staff that are making our stay awesome are: Vicente (a wait staff supervisor). He is kind, reserved and works so hard to make sure you have everything you need. Kudos to David (I think he oversees the food service staff), Jose, all the great waiters, the porters, room service staff, housekeeping and everyone that works so hard to ensure we have everything we need . Lucy and the pool/beachside servers work so hard to make sure you have drinks and food. I know I have missed listing the names of a lot of staff who were great, so I just want to say that EVERYONE was so nice to us and very welcoming. Muchas Gracias!

If you have any doubts about staying here, don't worry. It's an awesome place.

Cancun, Mexico
Level Contributor
103 posts
3. Re: Villa del Palmar Cancun's first guest review!!!

It would be great if all reviews where made in the review site dessignated by Trip Advisor, this way we can really start getting rated. we have a couple of reviews there now.

follow this link please:

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g1229340-d19172…

4. Re: Villa del Palmar Cancun's first guest review!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:36 am, July 03, 2011