We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cancun weather right now

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
4,650 posts
268 reviews
Save Topic
cancun weather right now

anyone in cancun right now and can share with all of us what the weather is like?? rain , sun, wind, overcast???????

love to find out for first hand with someone there in cancun..

many thanks.

Ithaca, New York
Level Contributor
2,713 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cancun weather right now

Google is out friend:

http://www.weather.com/weather/today/Cancun+Mexico+MXQR0138?sourceid=mozilla-search

wunderground.com/cgi-bin/…

Albuquerque
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: cancun weather right now

We leave in 5 days...saw that this is the coldest weather Cancun has had in 100 years for this time of year.

Can anyone there tell me if low to mid 70's and partly cloudy is still warm enough for lots of bathing suit time?

vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
4,650 posts
268 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cancun weather right now

so disappointing because i was hoping for at least some sunshine so i can sit out on the beach and sunbathe because we are in the caribbean. it would be a shame if we couldn't even sit on the beach to enjoy the weather. so so sad, but we must make the best of our trip. :( :( :(

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
14,177 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cancun weather right now

Right now it's cold, windy, and on and off rain. All week has been gorgeous sunny, not too hot but nice and warm! Nights ate very cold, tho! Sweater is a must, even jeans. Just have a great time. It's all good!

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
12 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cancun weather right now

Thanks for the update - I'm packing now as we are arriving Saturday to the Royal Sands. Doesn't seem like open toe shoes will be warm enough at night :(. Are people swimming in the ocean during the day or is it too cold??

vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
4,650 posts
268 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: cancun weather right now

thank you so much Zsa Zsa for the update...i so much wanted to meet your group in cancun but we don't arrive until 18dec ..so sad.

i think i better repack some clothes--bring a sweater now ...do we need a

winter jacket, do you think?

is it too cold to swim in the pool??

enjoy

Everywhere
Level Contributor
1,385 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: cancun weather right now

ZsaZsa

Appreciate the on site update very much. With the odd weather everywhere right now. People there right now are very helpful. Enjoy your trip!!

Edited: 7:25 pm, December 09, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
28 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: cancun weather right now

Hi all,

We were in Cancun Dec 2 to 9th. We were on the beach everyday, it was warm enough to swim, walk and enjoy the sun. It simply gets cooler when windy, so I had a long sleeved sweater to use once in a while, which was totally fine with me. I swam in the pools all week, although on some days, I was the only one in the pool. Our hotel had heated and non-heated pools, and all were fine to swim in. Lots of people were enjoying the ocean. My husband and I both agreed that the weather was better now that it was when we usually travel in Feb or March, because it was less windy. It rained on and off for a total of 3 hours in our 7-day trip. Don't let the weather forecast discourage you, simply get up early in the morning and enjoy the sun, as it tends to get cooler in the afternoons and by 3PM, most pools facing the ocean have shade.

Enjoy!

E

Albuquerque
8 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: cancun weather right now

Awesome, thank you guys for the "real life" updates.

T-minus 72 hours.

vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
4,650 posts
268 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: cancun weather right now

thanks for the encouragement and the great update...with appreciation...cliu