We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

DO NOT visit Villa Del Palmar Cancun

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Oregon
Level Contributor
10 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
DO NOT visit Villa Del Palmar Cancun

My girlfriend and I were talked into a timeshare presentation at Villa Del Palmar Cancun while staying on Isla Mujeres in mid-June, 2010. Sure, some nice goodies and promises and paid transportation too and from the presentation, we thought "why not"? Well, if the promoters and marketing people at this resort under development had any class or character it would've been fine.

Get this. Despite the promises, we were stuck with paying not only the transportation too the timeshare but on the way back from the project as well! And, we were screwed around with so much that only part of what was promised was delivered (words of promise mean very little in Mexico) which meant more money out our pockets!

Then, to really show what unscrupulous lack of class operation this is and make a bad situation worse, their marketing director, Huw Powell, sent us weeks of 'oh we're sorry let us make it up to you' type emails indicating he would try to get us some time at another Villa Del Palmar property. He kept saying it would happen, people were on vacation to help, etc, then after being led around for a couple months I eventually called him on one of his emails that I felt he and Villa Del Palmar were giving us the brushoff and digging a deeper hole. That was the last I heard from him or anyone associated with that company!

A timeshare presentation at Villa Del Palmar Cancun is an absolute waste of vacation time and money so what does that say to anyone that would even consider buying into a timeshare there when the project is done? NO WAY! Run, don't walk from anything to do with Villa Del Palmar Cancun!

Yardley...
Level Contributor
1,999 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: DO NOT visit Villa Del Palmar Cancun

it's unfortunate when you don't get what your expect but your complaint offers no specifics about what was promised and what you received other than transportation issues. have you contacted the corp office of the villa group directly vs the timeshare rep? their web page is www.villagroupresorts.com we've stayed at villa del arco in cabo as well as villa del palmar flamingos in nuevo vallarta and have sent our daughter and her friends to villa del palmar in cabo. we are currently planning our return to vdpf in nuevo (outside of puerto vallarta). having just been in cancun i was looking forward to seeing their first east coast resort at playa mujeres but it is my understanding it's not open yet. villa group runs an excellent resort operation and their resorts are well equipped, spacious and very well run. we find villa group resorts to be above the royal resorts which are well established on the east coast of mexico (as a comparison for those not familiar with the villa group). i have seen them reply directly when visitors have had an issue and written about in the resort section of TA. we have found them quick to respond to needs, issues and requests. timeshare presentations are not for everyone. i can't comment on your specific situation because i wasn't there and you didn't really offer specifics BUT as someone with multiple experiences with this company (and i don't own there but have traded in, done their presentations and recommended other family and friends) i must say their resorts are top notch and very well run. no one needs to take my word for it....just look at their reviews by many happy guests!

Blue Springs...
Level Contributor
621 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: DO NOT visit Villa Del Palmar Cancun

I only have one question; When did you find out you must pay transportation to the presentation? I would have just said NO. If you want me there come get me. I am confused.

Westport...
Level Contributor
99 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: DO NOT visit Villa Del Palmar Cancun

Anyone who spends their hard earned vacation time at a time share presentation deserves....well... what they get.

Sorry, that's just the way it is.

Layton, Utah
Level Contributor
239 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: DO NOT visit Villa Del Palmar Cancun

"Money out of our pockets".

You didn't ACTUALLY buy or sign anything, did you?!?!

Why people spend hours of their precious vacation time trying to score worthless freebies via time-share presentations...

Caveat Emptor.

V'Crawlers

Edited: 7:13 pm, October 23, 2010
Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
11,187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: DO NOT visit Villa Del Palmar Cancun

sometimes lifes little lessons come the hard way dude. Timeshare? Really now!

Oregon
Level Contributor
10 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: DO NOT visit Villa Del Palmar Cancun

Yes and no. I've been to timeshare presentation in the past where the promoters delivered. Villa Del Palmar Cancun and it's marketing agents they apparently contract with do not deliver.

Oregon
Level Contributor
10 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: DO NOT visit Villa Del Palmar Cancun

Yes and no. I've been to timeshare presentation in the past where the promoters delivered. Villa Del Palmar Cancun and it's marketing agents they apparently contract with do not deliver.

Oregon
Level Contributor
10 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: DO NOT visit Villa Del Palmar Cancun

After the time share rep taxi'd us to the ferry. Then while waiting to board the ferry after being in line for a while he shows some papers that were supposed to be passes but the ramp attendant doesn't accept them. The rep apologizes to us and says he has no extra cash for purchasing new ferry tickets on him and says if we pay the ferry costs that Villa Del Palmar would reimburse us as we leave the presentation. Of course this was also after we were promised full fare paid return our hotel from the presentation which didn't happen either. VDP makes sure you can't talk with a person in charge if there is a problem and if you do, they make sure to give you runaround so you never talk with anyone that can help at all.

Oregon
Level Contributor
10 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: DO NOT visit Villa Del Palmar Cancun

I went into great detail with VDP Cancun's marketing director about the specifics of what was promised by who, when and how.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
872 posts
224 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: DO NOT visit Villa Del Palmar Cancun

Sorry for your bad experience. This is why when in Mexico, we never attend any timeshare presentations.