We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Palace Resorts, $1500 credit?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Babylon, New York
Level Contributor
186 posts
Save Topic
Palace Resorts, $1500 credit?

What is the $1500 for, because i thought i was getting free tours/excursions already. I booked Beach Palace through a member. I went to the Palace Resorts sites and it says use towards trips.excursions, so i am somewhat confused.

Thanks

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
998 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Palace Resorts, $1500 credit?

I was told the same thing as you Chris, that we get the 2 tours in our contracts. But now that I have guests down there they changed it. My guests called and complained to me. I just talked to a Palace members rep and she said we members do NOT get the 2 tours in our contract, we just get the same 1,500 resort credit in the current promotion. What happens when this promo is over?

As a VIP member I don't think that is really fair (and maybe not even legal) to just take away what is in our contract and replace it with the same thing every non-member gets. We did pay more for "extra" benefits with our VIP Presidential membership. I think we should get what we paid for in our contracts PLUS what everybody else gets. There have been times when members were excluded from promos the public got (like resort credits and the 400 airfare promo) and discounters were offering better deals than members could get. (Such as the RCI and Orbitz promos last year).

I let them know I am not happy about this, I suggest other members do the same. I hope this is just a glitch resulting from all the confusion surrounding the new promotion.

That said, I do like the new promotion. $1,500 resort credit is very generous! I think it's great for most of us to be able to use the credits any way we want to, especially for repeat guests who have done all the tours or those who are more interested in spa, romantic dinners, and other things like just hanging out at the beautiful new beaches and enjoying the resort. It is also great that the Dolphin swim and the Jungle Tour are included in the "free tours" now, before they weren't. $1,500 is more than enough for couples, but for a family of 4 who want to do a lot of tours and visit Wet-n-Wild a few times the old way was better.

I sure hope this gets straightened out so I know what to tell my friends and family the exact benefits of being VIP guest are when they book their trips through us.

olive branch, ms
Level Contributor
1,854 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Palace Resorts, $1500 credit?

As a Palace Premier member I think the $1500 promo STINKS...

At Cozumel Palace you may only use $150 towards diving. That's all.

And if you want to use the money for the 'lobster dinner', it costs $175.

$175 for a lobster dinner!!!! Are you kidding me?

You can eat lobster at ANY RESTAURANT on Cozumel for $30. So what that tells this simple mind is that they are overpricing the items to consume the $1500 as fast as possible and on top of that they are limiting how much you can spend on certain items.

Did I say that as a Palace Premier member I think the $1500 promo STINKS????

lincroft, nj
Level Contributor
63 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Palace Resorts, $1500 credit?

which palace resort is refusing to give your guests the two free tours in your contract? I rec'd an Email from Palace confirming that I will get the two free tours when I arrive 06/29 in addition to the 1500 vacation dollars. With the e-mail & a copy of the contract do you still think they will refuse to give me the two tours?

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
998 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Palace Resorts, $1500 credit?

Billy, it was Cancun Palace, and I also sent a copy of the contract with my guests.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,037 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Palace Resorts, $1500 credit?

I also have a printed email from member services saying that I get the two free tours along with the promotion, I hope they honor that.

msdiver - that $150 max is also only $77 PER PERSON. So if only one person in the room dives, you don't get to use $150. That does really stink!

Yorktown, VA
Level Contributor
51 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Palace Resorts, $1500 credit?

That was my big concern too. $1500 sounds great until you factor in all the limits. We booked under the free diving..2 free dives for 2 if I remember correctly. I don't think that will work out as well for us.

Level Contributor
1,285 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Palace Resorts, $1500 credit?

The spa prices are on the Palace Resorts website. Here is a link to the prices for Cancun Palace

http://www.elitetourscancun.com/(S(w0vqgu2fy1shil55qibiybjm))/SpaSearch.aspx?scat=PalaceMassages&resort=CP

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
1,623 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Palace Resorts, $1500 credit?

I just shot an email to my friend at the Sun. I will report back what info I get from her.

Even if we don't get the tours included, I think we will still have a difficult time spending the $1,500... but agree that it is in the contracts and should still be honored.

In relation to the $175 lobster dinner; without knowing exactly what they're doing it's hard to say what the actual fair value is, however I doubt the $30 dinner anywhere else is a far comparison, especially since I already know it is setup on the beach at the Sun Palace...

Chris

Edited: 9:52 pm, June 15, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,037 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Palace Resorts, $1500 credit?

The lobster dinner also includes Moet Chandon Champagne which here runs $40 a bottle.

Gatineau, Canada
Level Contributor
20 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Palace Resorts, $1500 credit?

Does anyone know if the Romantic Dinner that comes with a concierge level room is the same thing as the 175$ pp lobster dinner? And if we use our Palace $ to upgrade to concierge, is it still included?

It chatted with representatives of Palace Resorts a couple of times and got 3 different quotes on how much it would be to upgrade. I have had no luck at printing any of this.