We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach Question, Need Opinions...

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Pittsburgh
14 posts
Save Topic
Beach Question, Need Opinions...

We are scheduled for the Golden Crown on Dec. 10th. Obviously, there will be no such thing as a beach. We are still excited about going but, bummed about the missing beach.

Therefore, how difficult would it be to walk to another beach or take a shuttle. I hear some resorts still have beaches. Any thoughts?

Kawhia,New Zealand
Level Contributor
1,779 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Beach Question, Need Opinions...

Mamastorey - What does RCI do when you have lost your exchange or points week- Do you get your week back or do they try to get you elsewhere-probably unlikely?

Phoenix
Level Contributor
213 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Beach Question, Need Opinions...

Thanks for the response robyxoxo. I'll let you know if the stairs are gone if I security will let me check it out. I'll be in Cancun next Thursday. I can't believe I have less than a week after planning this trip for over a year!

Bakersfield...
Level Contributor
57 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: Beach Question, Need Opinions...

I was told last week by the staff at the Crown Paradise that the two hotels are no longer affiliated. This means no shuttles, no sharing AI privilages, etc.

cincinnati
Level Contributor
483 posts
1 review
Save Reply
14. Re: Beach Question, Need Opinions...

MISSMOUSE, thanks so much. I'll be looking forward to hearing about your trip when you return. I am a huge fan of the snorkeling area behind club med and consider it to be a real hidden gem as compared to the more touted snorkeling areas such as Cozumel, Xcaret, Garrafon. I'm sure you will find lots of shells if nothing else. I heard the beaches were covered with them after Wilma.