We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach in front Golden Crown Paradise

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Canada
Level Contributor
31 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Beach in front Golden Crown Paradise

I am booked in the Golden Crown Paradise in January, i know my hotel will be opened by then, but I have seen pictures of the beaches and they seem completely wiped out. Any inside news on this????

LPP
VICTORIA,B C
Level Contributor
705 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach in front Golden Crown Paradise

Please do a post when you get back from your trip in January. We are scheduled to go in Feb. We will just have to transfer our beach time to sitting around the Tiki Bar. Isn't that called a bar tan????

Coxsackie ny
Level Contributor
267 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach in front Golden Crown Paradise

Wewere at the GC when Wilma showed up. We did not see the beach but the hotel employees (the best in the business as fr as we are concerned) told us that it was gone and it would be at least three years before it was restored. Also received an email from one of the people that were in the shelter with us stating that there is a 12 foot drop from the stairs to the beach area. Don't let the lack of a beach stop you as this is a fantastic place.

Coxsackie ny
Level Contributor
267 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach in front Golden Crown Paradise

Wewere at the GC when Wilma showed up. We did not see the beach but the hotel employees (the best in the business as fr as we are concerned) told us that it was gone and it would be at least three years before it was restored. Also received an email from one of the people that were in the shelter with us stating that there is a 12 foot drop from the stairs to the beach area. Don't let the lack of a beach stop you as this is a fantastic place.

Dallas
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach in front Golden Crown Paradise

I also am going to be at the GC Jan. 11th. I would like to know about the beach also.

Iowa
Level Contributor
2,524 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach in front Golden Crown Paradise

Looking at Brant's heli video, next to the Golden Crown is the Ritz. On the other side of the Ritz looks like a beach. Does anyone know if this is a public beach? Maybe you could walk to from the Golden Crown (not the ocean side)? We are also going in January. I have been lurking here for months, this is my first post!

Missouri City...
Level Contributor
169 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beach in front Golden Crown Paradise

<http://www.entertainment-plus.net/ViewHotel.cfm> Go here and select Golden Crown Paradise, you'll see the horror. BUT PLEASE CONSIDER STILL GOING, I know the employees will love you for doing so!

D/FW Texas
Level Contributor
61 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Beach in front Golden Crown Paradise

What a crying shame! Went the GCPS and was so ready to go back but it will be many moons until them have it back like it was. No beach at all!!

Cleveland, OH
Level Contributor
705 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Beach in front Golden Crown Paradise

4Penguins...actually, all the beaches are public IF you can get to them.

Iowa
Level Contributor
2,524 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Beach in front Golden Crown Paradise

I had read that the beaches are public. One of my questions: is it as easy as it looked from the heli video to get from Golden Crown to that beach. It looked like you could not walk along the beach to get there but maybe walking the other way around the Ritz?

10. Re: Beach in front Golden Crown Paradise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:11 pm, November 09, 2005