We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One day in the hotel zone - what to do, where to eat?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Bucks County...
Level Contributor
3,122 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
One day in the hotel zone - what to do, where to eat?

We are staying at the Moon Palace for a week in March. In order to get great airfare prices, I extended our stay by one day so we will be spending our last night in the hotel zone. I have been looking at the Omni but haven't booked it yet.

This will be our third trip but we stayed in Riveria Maya the last two trips so we have no knowledge of Cancun.

If you had one day and one night in Cancun, what would you do and where would you eat?

I am totally fine with hanging out at the Omni pool and beach all afternoon but I'd really like to end our trip with a nice dinner - possibly beach side.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Florida
Level Contributor
6,581 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: One day in the hotel zone - what to do, where to eat?

so many places to go and things to do, beach side you have dolce mente or Mocambos

Dolce Mente – KM 5.5 http://dolcementecancun.com/

Great Italian restaurant on Bay of Isla Mujeres where you sit next to water under a Palapa. Very reasonably priced, great food and great ambience. Hard to find, cannot see from main road. Right after Casa Maya timeshares make right turn and it is located back in development where single family homes are.

Mocambos Plaza Xcaret Km 9.5 – Seafood. Overlooking Ocean/Bay of Isla and dine under the Palapa with great views, great food and great ambience. Serves Lobster, Shrimp and fish.. Reasonably priced.

Bucks County...
Level Contributor
3,122 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One day in the hotel zone - what to do, where to eat?

Thanks BVG_Steve.

Are these restaurants easy to get to from the Omni? Would you recommend a cab or the bus? I think that Mocambos sounds wonderful.

Thanks again.

Florida
Level Contributor
6,581 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: One day in the hotel zone - what to do, where to eat?

Bus to Mocambos is fine and you will like it there, it is located right next door to the fiesta americana. You can take a bus from teh omni going north and get off at the party zone km 9.5 by the night clubs and walk the 2 blocks from there. Go around the bend and you will see teh sign "Mocambos in the same parking lot as a rental car agency. You need to walk through the parking lot towards the water

http://www.cancungooglemaps.com/Cancunmap.htm

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
11,942 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: One day in the hotel zone - what to do, where to eat?

Bus or cab just south of the Omni to Puerto Madero for great steaks and seafood. Excellent food and atmosphere. Same owners a little further down at the Forum at Cambalanche's. Tons of great restaurants. The Omni and Hilton are both excellent hotels.

Cheryl

Florida
Level Contributor
6,581 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: One day in the hotel zone - what to do, where to eat?

kimberly

after dinner at Mocambos you will want to walk around where the bus dropped you off at the Plaza Forum Mall. This is a great mall and area for a night time walk, as it transforms at night time with lots of action and most of the Cancun night Life is in this general area and coco bongos, hard rock are within the mall. There is a hagen daz ice cream parlor for desert ground level where you can grab a table outside and people watch

Bucks County...
Level Contributor
3,122 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: One day in the hotel zone - what to do, where to eat?

Thanks everyone.

If we walk around the Plaza Forum Mall after dinner will we feel out of place since we will be there at the end of March with the spring breakers?

I would love to check out Coco Bongos but since my husband and I will be in Cancun to "celebrate" turning 40, I'm not sure if we will fit in with the crowd.

7. Re: One day in the hotel zone - what to do, where to eat?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, July 04, 2010