We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Le Blanc Resort: Dress Code???

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Level Contributor
31 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Le Blanc Resort: Dress Code???

Are they really strict about the dress code? Can the guys wear nice shorts & a collared golf shirt to dinner? We like the fact that it is an upscale resort but don't like having to dress for dinner. I go on vacation to relax.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,464 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Le Blanc Resort: Dress Code???

They were when we were there in March. We saw people being turned away (discreetly) from the French restaurant and the Italian. Almost everyone we saw was dressed in long pants (men), and dresses for the ladies. We really liked this about Le Blanc...with 3 kids at home, we don't get a chance to dress up for ANYTHING!

If you don't like to get dressed up for dinner, you may want to consider another resort.

Level Contributor
3,285 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Le Blanc Resort: Dress Code???

All of the upscale adult only AI's will have the same dress code: long pants and collared shirts for men. They may state close toe shoes as well but you may be able to get away with nice sandals.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
5,225 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Le Blanc Resort: Dress Code???

It's not just LeBlanc, ALL of the adults only resorts down there enforce their dress codes in the restaurants.... there may be an occasional slip-up here and there but they list their dress codes so guests will know what the resort requires. I would bring the correct clothing or run the real risk of not being admitted to the restaurants. They are all the same for men, long pants, shoes and a collared shirt ( no wife beaters ).

Level Contributor
4,859 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Le Blanc Resort: Dress Code???

I agree with the other posters...dress code at Excellence was the same as LeBlanc. We enjoyed dressing up each night. We could be relaxed at lunch and grab some food by the pool in our bathing suits and then put in an effort for dinner.

Honestly, a couple nights, it was a little chilly in the restaurants that most would be thankful to have the long pants on.

Kansas City...
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
6,050 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Le Blanc Resort: Dress Code???

I was at the Royal Cancun in March..It is a AI adult's only resort..Short's for men were allowed at all of the restaurant's..The only exception was Chef's Plate...Their written policy say's differently..The real Resort's may and do change their policies at a moment's notice..

I too like the option of wearing nice short's a collard shirt and a nice pair of sandels to the evening meal..

6. Re: Le Blanc Resort: Dress Code???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, June 17, 2010
Follow this conversation!
Get notified when a new reply comes in.
Follow now