We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TUI´s & Thomas Cook´s position: FACTS not rumours

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Berlin
1 post
Save Topic
TUI´s & Thomas Cook´s position: FACTS not rumours

This information might be helpful for anyone dreaming of going to Yucatan during the next 2 weeks or

being fooled by their TA:

Both german travel giants TUI and Thomas Cook have cancelled everything going to Yucatan until Nov 12

Thomas Cook also say they allow free change of destination until December 15.

Sources:

tui-deutschland.de/de/…Hurrikan_Wilma.html

http://www3.thomascook.de/tc/5337.htm

Hope this helps

UK
8 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: TUI´s & Thomas Cook´s position: FACTS not rumours

Thanks for that. I'm due to honeymoon at secrets excellence cancun from Dec 11th with Thomas Cook. Good to know we have choice to change it. Still no info on state of the hotel as yet.

Stockton-on-Tees...
Level Contributor
172 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: TUI´s & Thomas Cook´s position: FACTS not rumours

Awesome news for some of you guys,

Just hope the rest of the UK travel agents do the same

UK
8 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: TUI´s & Thomas Cook´s position: FACTS not rumours

Have now been to this web link unfortunately it is german (which I do not speak!) TC's UK website does not say the same. They have only cancelled to end of October.

Liverpool, England
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: TUI´s & Thomas Cook´s position: FACTS not rumours

I have got a holiday to cancun booked 6-20 december and have been trying all day to get it changed only to be told by thomas cook that they are only dealing with those travelling up to 31st october.

I have been on the german thomas cook site (which is the same company!) and the german people who have booked can indeed change destination free of charge until the 15th of december and everything up to 12 november is cancelled.

How can the same company not be communicating between countries? This is really annoying me!!!

In order to change i will have to pay £30 per person per change and as there are no alternative destination flights that will mean an extra £60 each i.e £120 just to go on a holiday that I didn't really want in the first place. This seems ridiculous and unfair!

Sorry, rant over!!!