We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sheltered at universidad tecnologica - where is this?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Chelmsford...
Level Contributor
8 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Sheltered at universidad tecnologica - where is this?

My brother was staying at the GR Solaris and we heard from him this morning, he said he was sheltered at the universidad technologica de cancun - I'm trying to figure out where this is.

I found this address:

Blvd. Luis Donaldo Colosio Super Mz. 299 Mz. 5 lote 1 Carretera Cancún-Aeropuerto

77500 Cancún, Quintana Roo

But I don't know what it means and I can't find a map with enough detail to muddle it out. Does anyone know? I'm trying to reassure my mother he's ok.

Thanks,

Karen

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
12 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sheltered at universidad tecnologica - where is this?

I can't find it on the map I have but mine isn't very detailed either. I'm sure it is a safe location.

Limbo
Level Contributor
2,826 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sheltered at universidad tecnologica - where is this?

It's on the road between downtown Cancun and the airport, closer to the airport. Huge building without many windows.

united kingdon
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Sheltered at universidad tecnologica - where is this?

i was searching threw google an got web pages like that but it lets u translate the page if u search threw google

Cancun, Mexico
Level Contributor
2,834 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sheltered at universidad tecnologica - where is this?

It's on the road that goes from the airport to downtown Cancun (not the main hotel zone), away from the hotel zone and beaches. On a map, as you leave you'd see that one road shoots off to take you to the hotel zone, the other goes straight and takes you into downtown. It's on that road. It should be a very safe location from winds and flooding (if any). Large cement buildings.

Cancun, Mexico
Level Contributor
2,834 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sheltered at universidad tecnologica - where is this?

Hey Gabacha - didn't mean to repeat what you said! Was still writing when you posted. No word from Canuck for awhile, but I think all cell phones are down except Ojos Verdes phone, for some reason.

Limbo
Level Contributor
2,826 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Sheltered at universidad tecnologica - where is this?

No problem, Gringa. Don't know if you saw, but I got a message from K and they are all in the basement together. I was going to send a message later, but it sounds like it's not worth it. I called my house earlier, and hearing familiar voices put my mind at ease a bit.

Chelmsford...
Level Contributor
8 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sheltered at universidad tecnologica - where is this?

Thank you!

Calhoun, Georgia
Level Contributor
6,015 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sheltered at universidad tecnologica - where is this?

Please read Kevin's comment at stormcarib.com/reports/2005/mexico.shtml concerning shelters. He is in Cancun posting during the storm. I think you will be encouraged by his words.