We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BEEMER-Questions about the Moon

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Santa Claus, IN
Level Contributor
102 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
BEEMER-Questions about the Moon

1. How does the room safe work? Key or Keyless? And did you feel YOUR property was secure?

2. I'm wondering about an extension cord. I read there is only 1 outlet in the room, where the TV is, correct?

3. Were rafts allowed in the pool & if so can I bring one from home? Same with beach towels. I know they provide them but did anyone bring theirs from home?

4. I want to "Rub It In" to my co-workers while I'm there. Is it possible for me to send an email from there?

5. I would appreciate any comments you have regarding any free tours you took advantage of while you were there.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Loma Bonita Cancun
Horseback Riding Tours
Queen Angel
Sightseeing Tours
Best Day
Sightseeing Tours
milwaukee
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: BEEMER-Questions about the Moon

"yes"...safe had a key....rooms had key cards. i felt very safe. we left stuff out and nothing was touched. People did use rafts. I think there were a couple around, you could buy them in the gift shop or bring from home. Hardly anyone brought towels from home. You get a towel card and trade it for a towel which in turn you trade in for a clean one or a card. Make sure you have a card at the end when you check out and they also collect the armbands. There is a business center and you pay for the internet, something like $5 for 15 min. but my husband tried to access email and couldn't. We had no interest in tours this trip. Some people like the ruins trips, and some like the Isla Mujeres. The grounds, rooms, and pools are great. Have fun.

milwaukee
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: BEEMER-Questions about the Moon

Yes, I forgot to mention another thing about the towels. There are lots of lounges but people "save" them early in the morning by putting towels on them. This is because some people want shade, some the activity area, some the kids end , some by the ocean etc. If you "save" them put on a book or a magazine or sandal or if you have your own towel use that or you might lose your "saved" lounges. Also, didn't really notice the outlets to be honest...I will ask my husband later.

THC
Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
326 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: BEEMER-Questions about the Moon

My husband and I felt very safe there. The safe use a key but be careful with it, if you lose it it's like 100.00US at the end when you check out. We would leave our accumylated change on the vanity area daily for the housekeeping staff and actually had to leave them a note saying thanks this is for you after several days or they wouldn't touch it!

Santa Claus, IN
Level Contributor
102 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: BEEMER-Questions about the Moon

Beemer-Thank you very much for the information. I'm sure we'll have a wonderful time. We are 3 couples in our late 40's just looking to relax & it sounds like we've picked the best place for that.

I may be relying on you for more information as we draw near our departure date of Feb 13th. I'll give you another shout if I think of anything more. Thanks again.

Also, MANY THANKS to anyone else responding.

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
305 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: BEEMER-Questions about the Moon

There are plenty of outlets. We had our digital camera plugged in and our cell phone charger plugged in.

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
154 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: BEEMER-Questions about the Moon

Do you know where you can get a good map of the resort?

milwaukee
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: BEEMER-Questions about the Moon

There aren't real good ones that I have found on the net, but when you get there you will find big boards with "you are here" maps everywhere. It is not really difficult to find your way with these maps and there are also arrow signs all over.

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
305 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: BEEMER-Questions about the Moon

Stouch,

I brought a map of the resort home with me. If you post your e-mail address I will scan it and send to you. That way you can look at the different villas and decide where you want to be.

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
154 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: BEEMER-Questions about the Moon

I would greatly appreciate that! My e-mail is stouch@cpicorp.com.

Knoxville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
130 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: BEEMER-Questions about the Moon

Any chance I could get a copy of that map also? We are planning a July trip. Thanks! grow4@ameritech.net