We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

April

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Ham Lake, MN
Level Contributor
136 posts
1 review
Save Topic
April

Anybody else already looking forward to Cancun in April?

Minnesota, USA
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: April

Yes, me and three other friends are coming to Mexico April 6-18, we will be in Cancun on the 14th and 15th. Can't wait!!!!

Ham Lake, MN
Level Contributor
136 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: April

Too funny! Glad I am not the only one who is so excited now, in OCTOBER, about vacation more than 6 months away! Its the first thing I think about each morning, and the last thing I think about each night. Hey, I live in MN - I need something to look forward to that will get me through the winter! Living here, I've just started figuring out that one winter vacation isn't enough. Last year, we went in March -- and we got back and still had more than two months of crappy weather. This year we're going in April, with our 11 yr old - to RIU Caribe. I'd love to go in February, just my husband & I, but don't yet know if finances will allow. If so - we may consider the BBG - we've been there before and thought it was great. Are there any other affordable all-inclusives with decent food and a party atmosphere that anyone can recommend? Somewhere else thats all adult (but not a "spa" resort where everyone is snobbish) or somewhere that is mostly geared toward adults?

mexico
Level Contributor
3,426 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: April

Welcome Hamlaememn,

You wil have a great vacation.... Cancun is great in April!

Minnesota, USA
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: April

Where is Ham Lake??? I am in Pengilly MN, it is close to Hibbing. Yes the weather is terrible here, haha. You have been to Cancun before? Do you have any suggestions on what to do there??? I have no idea.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
14,293 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: April

Yes, Weatherdood, refund - What is that?

I'd love to come back in April, too. WEatherdood, maybe a reunion of sorts at Over 30? Mabye we can get some of the others to come back, too. We will be in Playa in Dec (IB Tucan), but think we will HAVE to make a trip in to Cancun at least one day!

Illinois
Level Contributor
4,447 posts
1 review
Save Reply
16. Re: April

ZsaZsa -- always good to see you around here. Indeed, a reunion at Over 30 would be pretty fun...we'll have to see how that works. When in Dec. do you head to Playa??

As for the refund.....single + no kids = big refund :)

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
14,293 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: April

We fly down on Dec 3rd-10th. Staying at the IB Tucan. We like the early Dec time (fewer kids, great prices, and I don't have to bother putting up a christmas tree when I get home!). We missed the Mon band at Over30 back in Aug and we really wished we could have gone. So Dave and I want to find a way to come up to Cancun on that Mon night and crash somewhere, or have safe reliable way back to Playa for that night (morning?).

I hear you will be there over the New Year's? Sorry to have to miss you - AGAIN! But who knows, April is a great possibility!!

Illinois
Level Contributor
4,447 posts
1 review
Save Reply
18. Re: April

Yeah, you MUST check out the Party Animals on Monday night....they are amazing!!! I could go on and on....I was thinking about an early Dec. trip too, just because the prices are so darn good...but knowing I'm going to be there in 3 weeks from there just kinda put the damper on that....Working on April though :)

Ham Lake, MN
Level Contributor
136 posts
1 review
Save Reply
19. Re: April

Ham Lake isn't too far north out of Minneapolis. Just north of Blaine, MN. We have been to the Yucatan area 3 times now - April will be our 4th. We've done Cancun by ourselves, (BBG) Riveria Maya by ourselves (El Dorado Royale) and Playa del Carmen with kids and friends. (The Reef Club) Its ALL good. Oh, there is so much to see and do, and it depends on how old you are and who you are with. You have to try snorkeling, but make sure you find a good tour - it makes all the difference. I've written down some recommendations to take with me, because last time out snorkel tour wasn't half as good as our first time. I wanted to stay in Cancun this time with my son so we could do more - it would all be close. We'll snorkel a time or two, I'd like to try that Capt Hooks dinner cruise, we'll go out to eat a few times, maybe go to WetNWild and swim with the dolphins, and go somewhere to purchase a hammock. Other than that - just hang out in the resort, swim and have fun in the sun! Maybe one or two cocktails - ha ha. (More like one or two thousand!)