We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

On the rocks w/salt

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago
11 posts
Save Topic
On the rocks w/salt

Any suggestions or opinions on where to get the best margarita in Cancun? The best one I have had was at a mexican restaurant in Albuquerque. I have read about Margaritaville and Perillo's....any others? Thx!

Oregon
Level Contributor
3,137 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: On the rocks w/salt

Ask DonTony.

And you have the right idea.

No "slush puppy Margaritas!"

Kalamazoo, MI
Level Contributor
483 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: On the rocks w/salt

I love the margs at margaritaville, but they are "touristy." You may want to try la distilaria (sp?) or the tequila factory... I would think that they would whip up something good!

Kalamazoo, MI
Level Contributor
483 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: On the rocks w/salt

oooh--- my favorite margarita is by the pool/ocean at whatever hotel I'm at... even if it is in a styrafoam coffee cup!

And definately - rocks, salt. :)

Illinois
Level Contributor
4,447 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: On the rocks w/salt

Rocks, NO salt for me... :)

Best margarita I've had in Cancun was at Casa de las Margaritas in the La Isla Mall.

Cancun
Level Contributor
5,555 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: On the rocks w/salt

The key to a great Margarita is quality tequila, none of that Cuervo nonsense. Be sure to ask for something premium, I am a big fan of Don Julio, rocks and salted, no mucho azucar por favor. Though, for a special treat I LOVE the tamarind margaritas (rocks please, not frozen) at La Destilleria....

Chicago
11 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: On the rocks w/salt

Thanks for the good info on the margaritas. I'll have to request the Don Julio and see if it meets my standards - hee hee.

irvine, ca
Level Contributor
259 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: On the rocks w/salt

Don Julio is great for shots, just in case you don't like the margarita mix! Most of the bars in town serve Don Julio.

Cheers!

Have one for me.

Arkadelphia...
Level Contributor
204 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: On the rocks w/salt

my mom just gave me some margarita lip balm she ordered from beauty control. it smells just like margaritas- i put it on and instantly i was on the beach in cancun. cant wait! 8 more days!!!!!1