We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

AI vs. Condo

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Ajax Ontario Canada
Level Contributor
21 posts
AI vs. Condo

Hi, We are going to Cancun in November for 2 weeks

and are trying to decide which is the best deal. We've

been looking at reviews on Ambiance Villas and they look good. Has anyone stayed there recently and if so,

what was cost like compared to going AI. Any info will

be greatly appreciated.

CENTRAL WI
Level Contributor
775 posts
296 reviews
1. Re: AI vs. Condo

we like to stay in condos also ,we usually stay at the cpc for 2 months then change to a condo setting, we like the villas marlin , salvia 302b,,

at villas marlin / see//marcela cuen

at salvia// brian//cancunbrian@yahoo

toured the ambience villas and liked it alot

real nice beach and real clean place in a good location , close to everything//walking distance to everything / can do villas marlin and salvia for around 100.00 per day

Oklahoma City...
Level Contributor
256 posts
19 reviews
2. Re: AI vs. Condo

Hello, just my take on your deal.

1. are you going to eat out every night, or does the Ambiance Villa's have a kitchen? if so, is that what you want to be doing on your vacation, cooking?

2. Booze and or food, do you want to go buy your own at every turn?

3.Do you want to just go and eat or drink whenever you fell like it without hassles of paying as you go?

I don't know about you, but I really think the cost of saving a fews hundred bucks for your 2 week trip is not worth it. I like the feel of not having to worry about the little extras while I'm on vacation. to me, vacation should be just that, a vacation. sometimes you might want to travel to or just be in a place where they might not offer a full AI. but, as always, only you will make the decision on where you will stay, thats part of going on vacation! LOL

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
11,975 posts
12 reviews
3. Re: AI vs. Condo

Actually, Ambiance Villas offers the best of both worlds. It is a condo with multiple bedrooms as well as offering all inclusive on a day to day basis. That way, if you choose to pick up some staples and do breakfast and lunch in your condo, you can while you can eat at the on site restaurant or go out, too. On days you want to laze around, just do all inclusive. I'd say condo but that's my preference to have space to stretch out as well as the option of fixing basics for myself (coffee on the veranda with breakfast), etc.

To each his/her own.

Cheryl

Cancun
Level Contributor
562 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: AI vs. Condo

There is no right or wrong answer. For some AI is better, for others it is not.

If you are thinking "condo" why in Cancun? Also cost depends on you. Just like in Canada, you can spend $300 for one weeks worth of food, while I can spend $100. Do plan to cook yourself? Do you plan to go out everyday? Do you plan to hire a cook?

Most Canadians seem to prefer Playa del Carmen for Condo Rentals, as it seems to be in the middle of everything.

Manny

CancunWithMe

Lincoln, Nebraska
Level Contributor
38 posts
16 reviews
5. Re: AI vs. Condo

The wife and I stayed at Ambiance in March 09. We had a standard room this time but on our first stay we had a 1 BR suite with a nice kitched (fridge, oven, range, etc).

Don't book Ambiance if you want a fancy AI - as Ambiance only has one restaurant open for each meal and their drinks are pretty reasonable. I'd burn out on their menu after 3-4 days.

There is a strip of cafes and a mini-mart a few blocks to the right (towards downtown) where we got snacks, beer, water, and some cheap (and tasty) lunches. Otherwise, the bus stops right out front.

Comparing my stays at Ambiance with an AI I've stayed at (Riu) is tough, as we'll eat a quick (and cheaper) lunch and a nicer dinner. Also, I tend to drink less when I'm not AI, which impacts the price.

If it were me, I'd go Ambiance at dine out to get a variety of food other than the standard AI buffet. Regardless, how can you go wrong?

Ajax Ontario Canada
Level Contributor
21 posts
6. Re: AI vs. Condo

Thanks for the info feiter. Sounds like the Ambiance will be great for us.

We plan on booking a 1 bedroom suite. Nice to have the space and a kitchen, not that we will be cooking a lot! Nice to have the option and a place to keep beer and wine cold!!!

What are the beer and snack prices like??

7. Re: AI vs. Condo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:20 am, October 27, 2009