We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Miramar Hotel - Spring Break 2005

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Pittsburgh, PA
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
Miramar Hotel - Spring Break 2005

Does anyone have any other information about the Miramar other than the reviews on here? I was wondering if they have a bar located near the pool area. Or if anyone stayed there last Spring Break. There's 9 of us staying there March 7-13, 2005.

Level Contributor
84 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Miramar Hotel - Spring Break 2005

If this is for the Mirimar Mission Resort, a bunch of us stayed their several years back. There is a bar in the lobby, and I believe there is one by the pool....I just remember the waiters always bringing us drinks.

Pittsburgh, PA
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Miramar Hotel - Spring Break 2005

How sure are you? Anyone else know about the Miramar Mision?

Philadelphia, PA
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Miramar Hotel - Spring Break 2005

I am also staying the week of March 7-13 with 14 girls and was wondering the same questions. Is there a swim up pool bar, how do the rooms look, is the location close to all of the clubs?

London, UK
Level Contributor
14 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Miramar Hotel - Spring Break 2005

there is no bar in the pool, there is a restaurant overlooking the beach (not open air, at least not in Dec) from where the waiters bring the drinks and a bar in the lobby

rooms are functional, value for money. Staff is reasonably friendly. They give separate beach towels, for which you will be given vouchers. A/C varies a lot, my guess is that near the upper floors (we were on the 8th) it is most effective (we had to switch it off) but the water pressure starts to give.

There are issues eg showers are sometimes blocked (too much sand), we had a 30-min blackout (no water or elec), one morning both the elevators was not working (one did not work for most of our two-week stay)

London, UK
Level Contributor
14 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Miramar Hotel - Spring Break 2005

forgot to comment on location - excellent very near the main club area, ie between 7-15 minutes, depending on how inebriated you are

Pittsburgh, PA
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Miramar Hotel - Spring Break 2005

Yappybabe - We got 7 guys and 2 girls. What's up with your crew? I'm ready to get it started down in Cancun.