We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question about dolphin swim?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Staten Island, New...
11 posts
Question about dolphin swim?

Hi guys,

My apologies if this sounds like a dumb question.

My husband and I will being going to Cancun for the first time ever April 25th thru May 2nd. Staying at the Sun Palace. I'm very excited!

Would we be able to do the swimming with the Dolphins outing if my husband cant swim? Again I know it sounds dumb becasue its "swimming" with the Dolphins but I have been reading so many posts about children doing it that I figured if a child could do it, my 35 yr old husband might squeak by....lol.

Any help is greatly appreciated . I have been addicted to this forum since I first discovered it and you guys have been a HUGE help.

Thanks!!

Oklahoma
Level Contributor
1,064 posts
113 reviews
1. Re: Question about dolphin swim?

CGermoso, My daughter who is 21 did the swim with the dolphins at Dreams. We watched from the sidelines. EVERYONE had to wear lifejackets. She was never asked if she could swim or not. She is a very good swimmer but I don't think it mattered at all. The Delphinas Program at Dreams is great. Nearby, the dolphins are so awesome and even just getting to watch you are up close, no fences. Linda

CT
Level Contributor
445 posts
2. Re: Question about dolphin swim?

In my experience, we were required to wear life vests. So I would guess yes. you might also want to look into the Dolphin Encounter at Isla Mujeres, which is a little different than the swim. You can check it out on the website for the difference.

3. Re: Question about dolphin swim?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:22 am, October 22, 2009