We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

one bedroom suite

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
363 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
one bedroom suite

i am trying to find a one bedroom suite with seperate bedroom and a pull out couch or similar in the living room, preferably in a larger resort in the area. seems they are hard to find. does anyone know a resort they can recommend?

thank you :)

USA
Level Contributor
7,144 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: one bedroom suite

The Gran Melia has 1 bedroom suites. Not cheap though.

BSQ
Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
5,581 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: one bedroom suite

it's a little different experience than a hotel (not by a lot though), the Royal Resorts have flex-villas. In Cancun the Resorts are the Royal Mayan, Royal Caribbean, Royal Islander, Royal Sands and Club International

Not sure if the configuration would work for you,

but what they consider a 1 bedroom suite has a master bedroom (king bed), changing area, bathroom, livingroom, dining room, kitchen and large lanai. There are two twin murphybeds in the livingroom.

The full villa has a second bedroom and bathroom.

their website, http://www.royalresorts.com/

a thread about the resorts here on TA:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g150807-i8-k144295…

New Windsor, NY
Level Contributor
2,826 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: one bedroom suite

I agree with BSQ, look into the Royal Resorts and you will find exactly what you are looking for. They are full resorts as well with restaurants, swim up bars and maid service.

San Antonio
Level Contributor
437 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: one bedroom suite

We stayed in a 1-bedroom suite at the Park Royal a couple of years ago. It was great for the family -- kids in one room, adults in the other. It also had a small kitchenette and a private jacuzzi on the balcony.

For all that, it was quite affordable. I wouldn't call it 5-star, but for us, it was great.

Michigan
Level Contributor
201 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: one bedroom suite

JW Marriott had a separate bedroom and a couch/chair in the other half. I believe the couch was a pull-out, if not, you could request one. This was in their Carribean suite.

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
11,860 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: one bedroom suite

The Omni and Hilton also have villas available. Crown Paradise also has "family rooms".

To find a Royal Resort (the number one choice in my opinion), use the website at RoyalResorts.com. You can see if they are offering any specials when you are planning to travel. Otherwise, look at redweek.com, vrbo.com, mytimesharevacations.com, royalrentalsbyearl.com, tug2.net, omcancun.com (classified ads), to name just a few.

Lots of villas, condos and suites are available in the area.

Cheryl

7. Re: one bedroom suite

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:20 pm, October 22, 2009