We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

? about GCPS

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Winnipeg
Level Contributor
38 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
? about GCPS

2 years ago we stayed at the Melia Turquesa - I happened to love it, but didn't have anything to compare it to. From reading the reviews here people rave about GCPS so I was interested in trying there this year. The only thing I am concerned about though is if there is a restaurant/dining area right on the beach. It was so nice at Melia to have dinner outside, listening to the waves crash on the beach (being from Winnipeg Canada we only have a few months of al fresco dining). Can anyone tell me if one of the restaurants at GCPS are outside?

D/FW Texas
Level Contributor
61 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: ? about GCPS

Nope.........there is Pier 21 and the front section opens up to a view of the beach. Depending on what time of year you go it's OK with me I am not outside eating. The heat is KILLER in the summer. Get ready my Northern neighbor, the heat can be hard to deal with if your not use to it. Rooms are cool, not cold and lobby has NO AC so it gets rather hot in the mid day, just drink allot and you will not mind. Have fun!

Southern, Illinois
Level Contributor
695 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ? about GCPS

Hello Manlie! We stayed this August and enjoyed the Pier 12. We ate on the deck over looking the water and the hot weather did not bother us. We had been in a drought for weeks and weather in the upper 90's with 100% humidity. Cancun felt refreshing with the ocean breeze...

Mentioned in this post
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Fort Myers, Florida
Level Contributor
6,636 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ? about GCPS

I agree with soiltravelers. We went last August and then again last November. We thoroughly enjoyed sitting outside with the great ocean breeze and hearing the sound of the waves. Plus, Pier 12 is open both for lunch and dinner, an added bonus!