We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Moon Palace vs. CPC for families

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Milwaukee, WI
Level Contributor
354 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Moon Palace vs. CPC for families

My husband has to be at the Moon Palace for a conference for two days so we are planning on staying there for a total of 7 days.

As I've been reading more reviews and topics on TA, I'm questioning our plans to stay at the Moon Palace for our entire stay in Cancun. After reading some of the reviews of CPC, it seems like it might be a better vacation for our kids, ages 5,7, and 12.

I guess we have a couple of options: stay at the Moon Palace, stay at CPC and have my husband just go to the Moon Palace for his meetings, or possibly split our vacation 5 days at CPC and 2 days at Moon Palace.

Any comparisons you can share between the two resorts???

Thanks!

CNY
Level Contributor
463 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Moon Palace vs. CPC for families

We haven't been to the Moon Palace, but I've heard it's nice. Not our type of place... We don't really like mega-resorts & we prefer to stay in the hotel zone.

I could go on for days about the CPC, though! You & your kids would love it! It's an easy resort to get around, because it's not enormous like the MP. They're family of 5 friendly, too. The happier your kids are, the more enjoyable your vacation will be - in my opinion! The staff is great, friendly & accomodating. The food is wonderful - we never had a bad meal. The beach isn't the best, but I've heard that it's better than the Moon Palace beach.

If you have any specific questions, I'll be happy to help!