We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

"Liquor dispensers" at the Moon Palace?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Minneapolis, MN
Level Contributor
54 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
"Liquor dispensers" at the Moon Palace?

I recently booked a trip to the MP Feb 12-19th, and I read that they have installed these liquor dispensoers in the rooms. Does anyone have any experience with it, and is it as cool as it sounds?!

Another question...is the water at the beach swimable? I've heard the beach is not that great and the water isn't the crystal-blue that you see in the pictures...but can you at least still go in there?

home
Level Contributor
103 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: "Liquor dispensers" at the Moon Palace?

I stayed at the Riu in Puerto Vallarta and they had them in our room. They are great. There were four bottles or so. They were all locked upside down in a case, except the dispenser part of course, which measures out and serves the perfect 1.5 oz shot(we always used more, obviously). And then just add your mixer.

If you have ever been to the UK many times in Pubs they use this method to dispense liquor.

They sell something similar in Linens and Things and Bed, Bath and Beyond...if you are famliar with these stores...

Hope this helps!

Illinois
Level Contributor
94 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: "Liquor dispensers" at the Moon Palace?

OMG!!! That sounds soooo cool!! I wish our hotel had that!!!!

Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
211 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: "Liquor dispensers" at the Moon Palace?

i don't think that the moon palace has them, i think that it is just at the aventura spa palace. at the ASP there are 4 bottles-tequila, brandy, scotch, and rum

nc
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: "Liquor dispensers" at the Moon Palace?

We stayed at MP last year and they did not thave them. Only the mini bar with beer, soda and bottled water. Just returned from ASP and they did have them.

KR
Washington, DC
Level Contributor
24 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: "Liquor dispensers" at the Moon Palace?

We stayed at MP earlier in December (in the Sunrise side) and yup, we had the dispensers just like described above at the Riu. I think ours had bacardi rum, tequila, brandy, and whiskey (1 bottle of each). The only glasses in the room, though, are the bathroom water-sized glasses, so if you you want to drain the entire bottles you may want to invest in a slightly larger cup.

They also have a mini-bar in the room with dos equis and a light beer option, as well as mixers (pepsi, 7up, diet), which is re-stocked every 2 days. The ice machines are in the hallways.

I thought the BEACH at MP was o.k. - it was wider and definitely less congested than up on the hotel strip (where the water/waves is nicer). Didn't see anyone in the ocean there. No waves & there's a fair amount of seaweed floating up. I don't know why you couldn't get in - doubt it smells or anything like that. It looks like if you could swim about a half mile, you could reach beyond what looks to be a sand bar that keeps the MP's beach wave-free. The MP's pool area is amazing and goes on forever though; you probably won't miss the ocean too much as long as you take one day and go hang out at the beach at the Cancun and/or Sun Palace...have fun!

Manchester, NJ
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: "Liquor dispensers" at the Moon Palace?

As of this past summer they didn't have any dispensors so I can't be much help with that. However as far as the water the beach there is definitely swimable. The water just not as blue as the strip. You will without a doubt enjoy this resot.

Manchester, NJ
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: "Liquor dispensers" at the Moon Palace?

As of this past summer there there were no dispensors so I cant help you with that. However, I have been there a few times and the beach at the resort is definitely swimable it's just nice as Carribean Blue as the strip. You will, withouty a doubt enjoy this resort.

Manchester, NJ
3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: "Liquor dispensers" at the Moon Palace?

As of this past summer they didn't have them so I can't be much help with them. How as far as the water it is definitely swimable and is a nice calm (very small waves) beach. It is not as blue as the beach on the strip but the rest of the resort makes not having that water a small sacrifice. You will absolutely enjoy this resort.