We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hilton hotel beachfront villa or junior suite?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
sydney nova scotia
Level Contributor
145 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
hilton hotel beachfront villa or junior suite?

We are currently booked in a beachfront villa but have read quite a few posts complaining about ants. Should we upgrade to junior suite? Beachfront villas include breakfast and happy hour. Suites do not. Any advice

Austin
Level Contributor
75 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hilton hotel beachfront villa or junior suite?

We stayed in the beachfront villas Aug. 14-19 and LOVED it!! One night, we had some small bugs in our room, but as soon as we called, they came and sprayed (perhaps a bit overzealously) and then no more problems.

The breakfast and happy hour at the Villa Hibiscus are great. Breakfast items changed daily, and the happy hour price (free) can't be beat! I never saw a junior suite, but have heard they are beautiful too. We just liked being away from the huge giant hotel building nearer the ocean and the pool. It really is very tranquil, like a resort w/in the resort.

Hope this helps!

sydney nova scotia
Level Contributor
145 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hilton hotel beachfront villa or junior suite?

Thanks Txfilly. We will stay with the beachfront villas.Thanks

New Jersey
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: hilton hotel beachfront villa or junior suite?

I'm going to book the room thru beachdestination.com, how do i know what room is villa coz they have only the following option: standard, deluxe, jacuzzi, suite.

Also, is it more expensive to acquire an upgrade at check-in instead of book it in advance? Doed HHonor member get a free-upgrade always?

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,957 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: hilton hotel beachfront villa or junior suite?

Tony0221--About a month ago, I booked an oceanfront villa for next June directly through the Hilton website. $249.00/night, includes cont. b/fast, happy hour, snacks. Don't know what rate you're getting through beachdestinations.com, but you might beat it directly through Hilton.