We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chichen Itza Tours

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Wrightsville Beach
2 posts
Save Topic
Chichen Itza Tours

I���������m looking at taking a tour of Chichen Itza the week of 9/5 and was wondering which tour operator I should book with. Also should I pre-book or wait till I arrive. Any comments greatly appreciated.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
968 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Chichen Itza Tours

I have been to Chichenitza three times. The place is so HUGE that I do not understand why one would have to work so hard to avoid "crowds". I have been there during the tourist season and I always fely like it was just me, the jungle, and the Mayan gods.

Relax, take it all in...you got plenty of time if you dedicate one whole day for it.

Oregon
Level Contributor
3,137 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Chichen Itza Tours

For my money, I would simply realize that Cancun is too far away from Chichen, not to mention the magnificent and numerous sites South of Merida.

I would enjoy the heck out of Cancun and then plan another trip there (cheap airfaire!) and rent a car to see Chichen before proceeding to Merida--a great city and the best base for the bulk of Maya ancient cities.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
968 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Chichen Itza Tours

Poppa, I was hoping that those of us whom know about the beauty & charm of Merida would keep a secret. SHHHHHHH!

What are u trying to do--make it into another busey Mex town?

Oregon
Level Contributor
3,137 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Chichen Itza Tours

I know what you mean about Merida.

But so long as so many people what all-inclusive vacations and bottomless rum drinks, Merida is safe.