We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chichen Itza Tours

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wrightsville Beach
2 posts
Save Topic
Chichen Itza Tours

I���������m looking at taking a tour of Chichen Itza the week of 9/5 and was wondering which tour operator I should book with. Also should I pre-book or wait till I arrive. Any comments greatly appreciated.

England
Level Contributor
123 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Chichen Itza Tours

I booked when i arrived with best day and had no problems with them.

CT
Level Contributor
245 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Chichen Itza Tours

Exactly a week ago I was on my way back to the hotel from Chichen Itza on tour with Lomas Travel. We stayed at El Dorado Royale. We had an excellent time. The weather was HOT but we enjoyed the trip and the tour guide was really knowledgeable.

San Diego Calif
Level Contributor
2,702 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Chichen Itza Tours

Brants tours, for us. it was a private tour and the best thing about it was you were there before evryone else.

make sure you go see IK KIL, it will leave you breathless. (take your swim trunks too) chow's included

DT

Wrightsville Beach
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Chichen Itza Tours

Thanks for the advice. I have read on several websites that you had to wait two days after you arrive before you can take a tour. Is that true with all off the tours?

Charleston, SC
Level Contributor
190 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Chichen Itza Tours

Two days is crap. Get a 2X-1 card from Brant and book with him. I did the AI version with Grayline tours (through Brant) and it was great. If you're very lucky you may even get Raoul as a guide. The AI gets you a very nice coach, a good tour, a pretty good buffet lunch at the Mayaland Hotel and a quick dip in their pool before you are on your way back.

Seattle, WA
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Chichen Itza Tours

Dontony: Thanks for the tip. Just booked Brant's private Ik Kil & Ek Balam for Mon. Sep 5th. Was flopping between the private and public versions - but see the advantage in getting there before crowds.

Cancun, Mexico
Level Contributor
3,783 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Chichen Itza Tours

Hey Ski Freak, if your such a freak what ya doin coming here?

San Diego Calif
Level Contributor
2,702 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Chichen Itza Tours

SkiFreak ,

Hey bro, make sure you bring your swimming gear, leave from your hotel around 6:30am to beat the massive crowds that will show up around noon time, tell trina at brants tour to make sure the driver brings an ice chest full of brews, you will need it.

IK KIL is so beautifull, if your bring a lady friend this is the ticket for romance. bring a camera/ video camera.

let me know how it goes.

DT

Seattle, WA
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Chichen Itza Tours

Cunspin: I'm on the snow around 100 days a year in Whistler... most people call that freakish! No decent snow right now though, so it's time for a little beach play before things get busy!

Dontony: Thanks for the tip! Just switched departure time ot 6:30.

Cancun, Mexico
Level Contributor
3,783 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Chichen Itza Tours

See now I would trade places with you in a heartbeat Skifreak .

I Usedto spend that amount on the slopes in what seems like another lifetime. Now I have to be content with a couple weeks a year or live vicariously through My Brother He is a Extreme Skier in Utah and Alaska And BC.