We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Crossing the Road

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
820 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Crossing the Road

Are there crosswalks and lights, or do you just cross anywhere?

DETROIT
Level Contributor
2,369 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Crossing the Road

Yes Yes Yes, a Thousand times Yes, Cancun has to take first place to the worst Driving. Miami is up there in the top 2 also. The first I came to Cancun I was in shock at the fact the Buses were racing eachother. No I'm not kidding. That was back when the buses were double in Length, and it was wild. The Bus Drivers, were just haulin butt down Kuklacan. The Cabs are a whole class on their own. Not only are they in Love with Their horns, they drive erratic, really fast, and zip in and out of traffic, hit speed bumps that get You flying. One time after a great flight to Cancun, and a Wonderful Vacation, we boarded our Plane to head back to Detroit, and as Most of You can relate, Your already totally bummin, so anyways, It seemed like forever were sitting at the tarmac, door still open, and running 15 minutes behind, as everyone was talking about what's goin on, an Ambulance drove up and unloaded 4 Older People, one was in pretty bad shape, and they boarded our Plane for Home. Well come to find out after arriving in Cancun they boarded their Van to head off to South of Cancun, when their driver rear ended a Dump truck at a dead stop 20 minutes into the trip, the Driver was killed and all the passangers sent to the Hopsital, some in critical condition. So these poor souls spent their vacation in the Hospital. One good thing one of the Woman who was in the accident, the Hospital staff were just outstanding to them and treated them with Loving Care, and that was the saving grace for them. Now that I'm not suprised about, Because I can honestly say, I have never ever ever been treated bad or disrepected in Cancun. One more if You can stand it. My Husband and I got lost in pureto Morolas, and a Hotel owner called Us a cab to take us to Playa Carm and the cab driver was doing between 75-85 mph, and My Husband and I were belted in and hangin on for dear life. Their were all these little memorials with flowers and statues all along that road to Playa, Gee, I wonder why?