We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Membership in Palace Resorts

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Massachusetts
Level Contributor
20 posts
102 reviews
Save Topic
Membership in Palace Resorts

I'm asking any Palace resort member, do you think your membership has been worth the price you paid?

What perks did you get? We've been offered a deal, but are negotiating for more value for our money.

Thanks in advance,

Bonnie

Locust Grove...
Level Contributor
1,887 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Membership in Palace Resorts

Many members here on TA and most of us contributed to this very lengthy thread in 2006. Hope this link will get you there:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g150807-i8-k682637…

Sw Ohio
Level Contributor
893 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Membership in Palace Resorts

I am happy with my Palace membership. I negotiated enough incentives in my deal that I'm basically prepaying (interest free) for future vacations. The referral program they are currently offering members is another added benefit.

Are you contemplating buying directly from Palace Resorts, directly from another member or through a secondary or resale market? You can sometimes find pretty good deals on a Palace membership on eBay or the resale market that would save you alot of money.

I'd be happy to answer any questions from my experience. Just send me a PM if interested.

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
1 post
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Membership in Palace Resorts

Hi Bonnie,

I agree with the above post. When negotiating for a deal with Palace, you need to take all of the "freebies" they are offering you (including any free weeks, airfare, golf) and do the math on how much the freebies are worth. Essentially you are pre-paying for these "free" incentives with Palace and Palace is buying your loyalty over the next x number of years.

Please keep in mind that it isn't really the hundreds of weeks that your membership is paying for - which many people like to believe - but rather you are pre-paying for the "freebies". The travel sites I frequent often have better deals for 1 week air/all inclusive at Palace resorts compared to the "discounted" rate on the hundreds of weeks that are part of your package. All in all - my advice is to do the math on the freebies and to make sure you're happy with the pre-payed incentives - not the hundreds of weeks.

Florida
Level Contributor
212 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Membership in Palace Resorts

We became members in 2007 and will be visiting for our 3rd Palace vacation in April. We only purchased 25 weeks (my sister has over 100!).

We received quite a few incentives including: 1 free week, 3 incentive weeks (saving us $1000 per week), 2 free airfare, several rouds of golf and additional spa/palace money. Also our first year membership in RCI was paid by Palace. Basically what we got in perks covered most of what we paid.

We have really enjoyed our stays at Palace, had fun on excursions and the service is outstanding.

Ohio
Level Contributor
832 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Membership in Palace Resorts

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but what is RCI?? Is this a company that sells for Palace, or something all together different.

I just took my first cruise and on another trip board, RCI meant Royal Carribean Inc.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,464 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Membership in Palace Resorts

RCI stands for Resort Condominiums International, and it's the company that trades your Palace week for another resort if you choose. Membership in RCI allows you access to any of their affiliated resorts (nearly 5,000) as well as special promotions.

We've gotten some amazing prices through them. In March, we're going to Le Blanc for just over $2000 for the week for 2 of us.

7. Re: Membership in Palace Resorts

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:23 am, August 22, 2009