We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Isla Contoy

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Los Gatos...
Level Contributor
78 posts
Save Topic
Isla Contoy

Has anyone been to Isla Contoy? Would you recommend the trip? Do you think an 8 year old boy would enjoy it?

Thank you!

Tulum, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,516 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Isla Contoy

I have not been. I have spoken with people who have and read posts from people who have. I have heard that it was worth the trip, but that the mosquitoes were a real issue. If you buy spray stateside, you will want something powerful...like with Deet. If you buy in Mexico, I would recommend Autan. Not terribly expensive, but seems to work. My apartment is a block from the jungle and mosquitoes are an issue at home. I use the Autan that I bought in San Francisco de Assis...Mexican supermarket chain. Chedraui is another chain and I think they carry it as well.

Seattle
Level Contributor
326 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Isla Contoy

My wife and I love this trip and we go on a regular basis. The tour includes both snorkeling at a great reef location just before you get to Isla Contoy and then a nature tour on the island with some extra time left to just do your own thing. The island is beautiful, the trip to and from the island fun, a great day if you like nature. However, I am not sure how much an 8 year would enjoy this trip. There does not seem to be many children on this tour so he might get a little bored with the trip there and back. Have a great trip to Cancun.

Fort Myers, Florida
Level Contributor
6,636 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Isla Contoy

We met a Jules and Lu from San Francisco in July while in Puerto Vallarta. Are you by any chance that Jules?

Los Gatos...
Level Contributor
78 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Isla Contoy

Sorry twointhelou I'm not the Jules you met in Puerto Vallarta. :(

Fort Myers, Florida
Level Contributor
6,636 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Isla Contoy