We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Swinger Hotels

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cockermouth, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa de las Americas, Cockermouth
Level Contributor
2,030 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Swinger Hotels

Is it true that the Adult Only hotels are swinger hotels in Cancun..a few friends have told us that if its Adult Only then most everyone is nude and swingers..

were not prudes but just want a quiet peaceful time without "parts" being swung in our faces lol

Waterloo, Canada
Level Contributor
238 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Swinger Hotels

OMG, LOL

ERM, where's your popcorn!

Boston
Level Contributor
3,285 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Swinger Hotels

This is so NOT true.

The only resort that actively caters to this lifestlye is Desire, in Puerto Morelos.

Temptations in Cancun caters to a party crowd where some risque games and activities goes on, and you may very well find some swingers there (probably only cuz Desire was booked at the time) but they will probably be fairly low-key.

As for the rest, the most you will see is topless women, in varying amounts. Of course swingers are everywhere but they will not flaunt it unless the atmosphere condones it.

ny
Level Contributor
288 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Swinger Hotels

I just popped mine.LOL

Thank you ERM for explaining so I did not have to.

East Moline, IL
Level Contributor
545 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Swinger Hotels

markwcel,

I agree with ERM10. The other 2 posts here are rude, IMO. I'm sure you know most of us are here to help.

West Seneca, New...
Level Contributor
2,347 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Swinger Hotels

Adults only just equals no children around.

Oregon
Level Contributor
216 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Swinger Hotels

When we stayed at the Royal PDC (adults only) it was very low-key! Some partying going on by the pool, but everyone was fully clothed. (topless is not allowed on the resort property) it IS allowed on the public beach, but only about 10% of the women went topless.

No, the Royal was definitely NOT a "swinger" hotel. But it was very nice not to have kids running around and splashing in the pool! (I have 3 of my own, and I left mine at home! ;-))

I think you will really enjoy the adults-only atmosphere, and it is a valid question that you asked!!

We are going on our first cruise in February... and my husband said to me "Aren't cruise ships only filled with "blue-hairs" and swingers??" I told him "If we're lucky... it'll be filled with blue-haired swingers!" LOL ;-)

england
Level Contributor
305 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Swinger Hotels

hello i heard that the temptation resort was,when we were booking our honeymoon i found that one, altho had different name back then. travelagent said i dont think its a good place for honey mooners as they tend to do alot of swinging etc,

dont know how true that was ,but at the time cant see why they would have convinsed me off it as the hotel i chose in end was cheaper then that one.

also the name of it kinda sounds like it could be

Waterloo, Canada
Level Contributor
238 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Swinger Hotels

Apologies, I didn't mean to come off as rude. It's just that considering the number of adults-only resorts in Cancun/Maya, that would make for an inordinate amount of nude swingers out there. I think that lifestyle is definitely in a minority among vacationers.

From what I hear, the Hedonism resorts in Jamaica is the place to be for that kind of vacation experience :)

Boston
Level Contributor
3,285 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Swinger Hotels

Desire is couples only and caters to swinging couples. They have another location in Cabo but that is converting to a Temptations becasue it's location does not offer enough privacy for the swinging environment, and would no doubt horrify people staying in the resorts next door.

Hedonism caters strongly to swingers as well but they allow singles so it's more of an anything goes type of place.

USA
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Swinger Hotels

my wife and I are planning to go to Desire this summer. Has anyone been that could share some pics of what people actually wear at the clothed areas; say the disco, when dining and to the theme nights. We don't want to be to risque or prudish and feel out of place.