We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is the best hotel in Cancun

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Lake Grove, New York
Level Contributor
123 posts
1 review
Save Topic
What is the best hotel in Cancun

I am looking to go to mexico in jan. or march of 2006. Am not sure where to say, open to all suggestions

thanks

NJ
Level Contributor
610 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: What is the best hotel in Cancun

Blondy-

We just got back from the JW Marriott and would highly recommend it, can't wait to go back!

Fort Myers, Florida
Level Contributor
6,636 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: What is the best hotel in Cancun

Just remember, if you do not go AI, you will spend a FORTUNE on food and drinks. Meals about $100 plus for two, drinks $8.50 and up in the hotel zone. It adds up very quickly. We only go AI and would not do anything else. I feel like I really get my money's worth, and it's not that much more than a European Plan in the end. A good AI is Golden Crown Paradise Spa, but it's adults only, don't know if you have kids?

Fairview Heights, IL
Level Contributor
46 posts
1 review
Save Reply
33. Re: What is the best hotel in Cancun

I seems like everyone except the last post responded about non-AI expensive hotels. When my husband and I go on vacation, we really do not limit ourselves becauase we are "on vacation". We do however, like to drink cocktails and relax all day long. We do not like cheap hotels, but we also do not need the best of the best. We love AI and the previous hotels mentionesd, to my knowledge, (beside GCP) are non-AI. We liked the Omni, the GCP, and this Feb are trying the Riu Cancun. Try checking out tripadviser.com--it will give you many opinions from many different people. If you have any specific likes or dislikes, ask away...

Fairview Heights, IL
Level Contributor
46 posts
1 review
Save Reply
34. Re: What is the best hotel in Cancun

A negative about the Omni is that they close down the bars at about 11:00p.m.--not late enough for our preference!

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
154 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
35. Re: What is the best hotel in Cancun

Do yourself a favor and check out the hilton we loved our stay last may.

The pool is the best in cancun

Vegas

st. clairsville
Level Contributor
47 posts
1 review
Save Reply
36. Re: What is the best hotel in Cancun

has any one thought about the Sands it has the best beach, good food and beautiful pool... As far as AI and money we had 4 people 2 day trips meals and alcohol and when we checked out our bill was only $2200 and the day trips were $650 of the amont. meals and drinks at the resort were very reasonable and they always have drink specials thru out the day. Well up until the last day of your trip....

CANADA
Level Contributor
581 posts
1 review
Save Reply
37. Re: What is the best hotel in Cancun

Island Hopper have you ever stayed at a all inclusive? If so, which one and where?

WEST MIDLANDS,ENG
Level Contributor
70 posts
Save Reply
38. Re: What is the best hotel in Cancun

lbyrne - do you mean the Royalsands if so can you give me a breakdown of costs on meals and drinks. Thanks

Cancun, Mexico
Level Contributor
3,783 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
39. Re: What is the best hotel in Cancun

I agree with the previous poster the Hilton is great and JW Marriott as well but I love the open areas at the Hilton even at 100% occupancy you don't feel it at the pool.

Cancun, Mexico
Level Contributor
3,783 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
40. Re: What is the best hotel in Cancun

I was at the Royal Sands this Weekend and it was packed there was no room or even a empty seat We have freinds that have 4 weeks there and it is always packed.