We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hurrican Affects- Secrets Excellence Resort

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Michigan
2 posts
Save Topic
Hurrican Affects- Secrets Excellence Resort

My wife and I are getting ready to visit the Secrets Excellence Resort in Riveria Maya. Has anyone stayed there and if so, how did you like it.

Also, just curious if the recent hurricans have left our resort standing and in good shape?

Cancun, Mexico
Level Contributor
2,834 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hurrican Affects- Secrets Excellence Resort

The August 3 report I saw for people working in travel industry in Cancun said Secrets Excellence status was "100% operational." The report would usually note if there was still major maintenance or any restaurants closed, etc. Hopefully someone who has stayed there recently can give a more detailed description.

Kansas City
Level Contributor
212 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hurrican Affects- Secrets Excellence Resort

Go to the review section. Everyone who has come back since Emily seems to feel the resort is still beautiful and in good operating condition, so check out the recent reviews! We go in November and can't wait!

NE Ohio
Level Contributor
1,175 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hurrican Affects- Secrets Excellence Resort

My husband and I were at SERC on 7/21-7/28. By the time we left, you wouldn't have known a hurricane went through the area. A few boarded up windows were the only evidence of Emily. Go and have a great time. SERC is awesome!