We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in October

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
muscatine, iowa
2 posts
Save Topic
Weather in October

I was wondering if anyone could fill me in on the weather in October in Mexico. We are going to secrets of excellence, we normaly travel there in May, and we were wondering if we could get some info on the weather situation, rainy?

thanks

Cancun
Level Contributor
5,555 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in October

October is a great month for weather. Rainy season is ending and things are cooling down a bit from the sweltering heat we have in August and September but the sea is still warm....IMHO, it's a very nice time of year to come.

New York
Level Contributor
414 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in October

I'm glad to hear that! We are honeymooning in October, starting the 18th, looking very forward to it....rain or shine!!!

:-)

Illinois
Level Contributor
4,447 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in October

Officially October is still hurricane season, and back in 1998, Hurricane Mitch came awfully close to Cancun, but missed....That said, things do quiet down weatherwise considerably in October, so I would go right ahead with your plans.

chandler az
12 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in October

Karrie we were in Cancun about 6 years ago (whew!!how time flies!) from the end of Sept til about the 4th of Oct and it was beautiful, the time before we were in Cancun in the begining of June and it was so hot we might as well have flooded our back yard and stayed home (we live in Phoenix). Anyway....so we are going back this year from Sept 30-Oct 6 and looking foward to warm but not horribly hot weather, with little rain,maybe only in the late evening. You will definately enjoy it!! We are staying at Secrets Excellence.

Cancun, MX
Level Contributor
281 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in October

October is the best here! Not so hot and humid as the summer, but the ocean is still warm (that's why hurricanes can still form). If I didn't live here I'd come in October.

HTH

Boardman, Ohio
Level Contributor
7,414 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather in October

good, cause im a commin in October.

Fort Myers, Florida
Level Contributor
6,636 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather in October

Went just a little past October (beginning of November '04) and the weather was glorious! Everyday sunny and the temps in the mid-80's with a lot less humidity! It was fantastic! The downside is that we were only able to stay for 3 nights/4days. :-( Sad to have to leave when we were just starting to connect with people!