We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Let's hope this goes through

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Nashville
Level Contributor
328 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Let's hope this goes through

During Emily, our vacation company said that they were allowing people to reschedule their trips. We called to reschedule and were lied to so that we would continue on with the trip. Essientally, we were told that we would be flown home and receive a prorated credit for the remainder of our trip, which was of course not true. When we got home we sent a letter telling them how we did not appreciate being mislead and filed a claim with the BBB. We received a letter today offering two nights refund of hotel stay and two charter air vouchers. If this is true, I'll be able to get back our time lost from Emily. Woo hooo. I may be able to go back soon!!!!! Keep your fingers crossed for me!!!

Fort Myers, Florida
Level Contributor
6,636 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Let's hope this goes through

Just curious, who did you book with?

DETROIT
Level Contributor
2,369 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Let's hope this goes through

Yeah Nashville; I would get as much as I could from Your travel Company, Like free transfer to and from Hotel. If Your trip was cut by 2 days and they offer You 2 days credit then take it, but if You had to Leave early and reschedule your flight then ask for 3 days credit. The Travel companies want Us all to get tired of calling over and over and writing. They want to frustrate Us and take advantage. It's taken Me approx. 20 phone calls, 2 Letter's (One registered) and a call to the FCC to get back a one way airfare I had to purchase at the last Minute (Literally at another counter at the airport 35 mins before flight was leaving) USA3000 sold Me a ticket on their Website, paid for it before I left for Vacation, and when I arrived at the airport Here in Detroit, there was no such flight going to Cancun. Though I had a e-tix and copies of my comfirmation papers, the flight was not scheduled. The Manager came out and looked over My paperwork, and was shocked. He made copies of My paperwork, and when I asked what can I do to leave that day, we walked Me over to another Airline that was leaving for Cancun in 30 Minutes. Thank God they had room on the Plane, because not only was I Freakin out, there were like 17 other people who showed up for that flight too. One Family behind Me had to dish out 288.US per person for a one way (3 kids 2 Adults) to Cancun. Well the other Airline (Trans-Meriden) got us all on their Plane. As soon as I got settled in My seat, I had time to call USA3000, and find out what the hell was going on, I did confirm twice, checked flight status at Midnite and again at 5 am before I left, how could this error have happened? They were shocked when I explained what had just occured. I told them I would get back with them as soon as I got home to get this settled, Little did I know the fight I was gonna have on my hands. They have tried everything to avoid reimburssing Me. They claimed I missed the original flight ,There was one at 6 am, but Hey I had paper work with another flight number, and so did 17 other people. After I called from the Plane, I walked to the back where the family of 5 were sitting and talked to them for a moment, and the Mother was furious, and said as soon as She got home She was calling, and getting a refund, well I told her I called and they had a heads up on the situation, so when I got home and tried to get it straightened out, the Lady at Customer service tried to tell Me that They had NO OTHER Passengers calling to ask for a Refund, Yeah right, I knew better then that. That all happened in May, and when they finally agreed to give Me the refund, The Lady I talked to who is a Customer Service Rep for a company near My Business said I should ask for 1/2 of the other fare I originaly got from USA3000, because I never used that part of the flight for one the way there! And now I told them I would not accept the 288.00 I wanted 432.00 and I'm getting it, and it was War Baby, But I never gave up, and either should You...