We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aventura Spa

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Boston, MA
Level Contributor
173 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Aventura Spa

Does anyone know the progress of repairing the damages from Hurricane Emily are going? I am told they expect to open at the end of Sept. and I am already booked there for the middle of October so needless to say I am a bit nervous.

Thanks!

Cancun, Mexico
Level Contributor
3,908 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aventura Spa

I read that the damage was bad there but the reopening is still scheduled for October 1st.

Cancun, Mexico
Level Contributor
2,834 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aventura Spa

I just saw an update yesterday for those working in travel industry in Cancun that gave the status of all hotels. The one I saw yesterday said Aventura Spa is scheduled to reopen October 31. BUT... before you panic... maybe that means they won't take any new reservations for arrivals before 31 October but will be open for existing reservations. I'd suggest contacting the hotel directly or agent, web site, etc. where you booked your reservation.

Fort Myers, Florida
Level Contributor
6,636 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aventura Spa

According to Funjets website, Aventura Spa is schedule to reopen 11/1, but it is indicated as an ESTIMATE. I would contact the hotel directly if I were you.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
5,359 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aventura Spa

Only 1/2 of the resort is scheduled to open . According to member services the full resort will not be up and running unti 6 months to a year from now.

columbus ohio
Level Contributor
5,458 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Aventura Spa

That is what I`ve been led to believe also. I am a Palace member, and from things I`ve experienced in the past, they aren`t very good in coming in on schedule