We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cancun Buses

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Topic
Cancun Buses

I read that you should save your change for the bus, and that it is like .50. Should the change for the bus be in pesos or quarters? Also can you take the bus to the clubs and bars or are they within walking distance from most hotels?

Cancun
Level Contributor
5,555 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cancun Buses

Regular buses are 6.5 pesos, the blue bus (air conditioned, newer, a lil faster as it doesn't stop as often) is 11 pesos. They will not take American change. The clubs and bars are accessible by bus if your hotel is not within walking distance. The buses are very easy to take and reliable.

Salt Lake
10 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cancun Buses

Yes I just got back and it was 6.5 pesos. you can also use dollars but they don't give a very good exchange rate. Save your peso change for the bus. It was very easy to use. My only caution is make sure you get on the right bus. When you are still on the 7 and only going to one end or the other there is no big deal. But if you want to go to the market or to the city center make sure the bus window says that. we wanted to go to the market which is right by walmart and the bus window said city center. we said walmart to the bus driver and he said "yes yes" well we didn't go there and we ended up having to get off and get on a different bus to get to the market. Son just pay attention. good luck

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Cancun Buses

Thanks for the info!

oklahoma
Level Contributor
165 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Cancun Buses

We never went away from our hotel much, but when we did, I just took $5.00 to the hotel desk and had them change the money into pesos... in the denominations I would need for the bus. Then when it was time to go home, I left all my extra pesos for the maid. Each day I left her a couple of dollars besides that.

I really enjoyed riding the bus and seeing all kinds of people and sites. Doesn't take much to entertain me, I guess