We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question about EPM EC Toiletries (spec. conditioner/lotion)

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Corpus Christi...
Level Contributor
31 posts
Question about EPM EC Toiletries (spec. conditioner/lotion)

This question is really geared more toward the ladies who have stayed in an EPM Excellence Club room and used the Bulargi (sp?) toiletries that the hotel provides.

Regarding the Shampoo/Conditioner - how "good" is it? I mean after a day's worth of salt and chlorine does it feel like it's really doing it's job, and conditioning your hair? I've got thick frizzy hair that tangles easily so I need a good conditioner to avoid spending an hour trying to comb through tangles once I get out of the shower! Would you say that the conditioner provided would do the trick?

Regarding the Lotion - I'm an Aveeno girl. . . and I use lotion DAILY head to toe. With all of the sun, chlorine, and salt water I know my skin will get at least a little dry while I'm there. How good is the lotion in your opinion? Does it moisturize for more than an hour once you put it on? I'll be using sunscreen during the day, but regular lotion in the evenings to "heal" the damage from the sun during the day!

Thanks in advance for your help!!

(my hubby would be ecstatic if I were convinced to leave behind my toiletries!)

Wheaton
Level Contributor
252 posts
1. Re: Question about EPM EC Toiletries (spec. conditioner/lotion)

fitharlygirl,

I surely don't know the answeres to your questions but as your husband would be ecstatic so would I and so would the airline that we fly. my wifes bag is always overweight with that stuff. lol

Corpus Christi...
Level Contributor
31 posts
2. Re: Question about EPM EC Toiletries (spec. conditioner/lotion)

Hi Wolfen - I think it's a woman thing ;) Is your wife bringing along her toiletries on this trip or opting to trust that the ones supplied by the resort will do the job?

Any ladies out there that could help? We leave at 6am Wed morning, so we're trying to get everything packed up today :)

Vernon, Canada
Level Contributor
2,167 posts
81 reviews
3. Re: Question about EPM EC Toiletries (spec. conditioner/lotion)

Hi fitharley

Lotion:

We just returned from there and I used the Bvlgari lotion and liked it. Seemed to do the trick. It is not sticky. Husband did not like it. He is a regular Vaseline Intensive Care Lotion guy.

The shower/bath gel is nice.

Hair Conditioner and Shampoo:

I used the Bvlgari but brought some really intense tubes of deep conditioner from home because I knew there would be alot of abuse from the sun, ocean and pool waters. I needed to use the intense stuff to protect from the elements.

Hopefully this will help.

Cancun, Mexico
Level Contributor
2,834 posts
11 reviews
4. Re: Question about EPM EC Toiletries (spec. conditioner/lotion)

I agree, the Bulgari condition was just "ok" so if you need a really good conditioner I'd bring your own.

Wheaton
Level Contributor
252 posts
5. Re: Question about EPM EC Toiletries (spec. conditioner/lotion)

fitharleygirl,

It doesn't matter what they supply anywhere that we have traveled it is a comfort factor with my wife,to bring what she is used to.She just tells me that if we get somewhere and the products don't work for her,that she would have to go buy what she allready has and if it was not possible to get ...my portion of the vacation would be hell!!!lol

6. Re: Question about EPM EC Toiletries (spec. conditioner/lotion)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 am, October 09, 2009