We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Floaties!!

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
new orleans
Level Contributor
187 posts
Save Topic
Floaties!!

I read in the archives that blow-up rafts are a must-bring item....Well, I would bring my own flotation devices if I were staying at the Motel 6, but would experienced Cancun folks really bring their own rafts to a 5 star resort?

I am certainly bringing my Bubba Kegs, but only because I know I'll be in good company. However, my husband just painted a picture of the two of us, walking through the lobby with our big innertubes around our waists!

Illinois
Level Contributor
200 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Floaties!!

I'm bringing one to GCP, bigeasy, because I figured, if nothing else I can put it on the hard bed! I had wondered about it too, and couldn't get a definitive answer so I thought I'd take it and leave it there if I didn't want to drag it back home. I think DeniseinIndiana wrote about that she brought her Swimways raft.

By the time you get there, I will have already had my raft out (maybe?) for a few days, so I will be the typical touristy looking person....oh well.

new orleans
Level Contributor
187 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Floaties!!

Path the way for us, Teach. One more question....Do you think anyone would use the rafts in the pool? Only for the sea, right?

Georgetown, Canada
Level Contributor
1,137 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Floaties!!

Good Morning Bigeasy....... We went to PDC last December, and going again this upcoming one. Now granted we have two kids in tow,9 and 12, but we brought three different floats, and they all got used. Before we left, we gave them to a few kids that we had met, that had just arrived!! It's like your bubba kegs, they don't take up much room in your suitcases, and if you want them one day, pull them out, take them to the dive shop (they will blow them up, quick) and you're good to go!!! They're a lot cheaper to buy at home than getting them in Cancun. They were great to have!!

Georgetown, Canada
Level Contributor
1,137 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Floaties!!

Bigeasy... sorry, forgot to add that we used ours only in the pools.....Kids aren't really fond of the sea ( yeah, don't ask, I can't figure it out either!!!)

Illinois
Level Contributor
200 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Floaties!!

I think they can be used in the sunbathing pool, the very shallow one, which some also put sunloungers in, also in the relaxing side (opposite the activity pool) of the main pool. I saw some very good photos somewhere that showed people with sunloungers pulled all the way out to the edge of the ocean, that will be nice! I guess if you wanted to bounce around on the waves you could put a raft in the ocean water.

I would rather have one with me, than wish I had. It is one that really didn't cost all that much, looks like a waffle type lounger, easy to roll up even when blown up. Got it at Walmart end of last year, and saw some there just the other day. Around $5-6, I think.

Kansas
Level Contributor
196 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Floaties!!

I asked a similar question to this several months back. I found what I consider to be the perfect floaties. I found them at bed, bath and beyond. If you do not have a store near you, the website is: www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp…

This should take you to the page with the floaties I purchased. Not much to blow up, and since they fold together, very easy to carry. Plus will not take up much room at all. I plan on using them in the pools, don't know how well they work work in the ocean, but will probably try them out there as well.

new orleans
Level Contributor
187 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Floaties!!

Hey Teach, I meant "pave the way" how embarrassing, but my excuse is that I have Cancun on the brain!!!

I'll tell you what....I'll pack my rafts, but I won't bring them out, blow them up, until I see you there first. Tell please, are you a man or women? What should I look for besides the teacher on the raft?

This whole thing would be so easy if I had kids (I could blame it on them) but the Golden Crown is adults only. I don't want to pass the topless sunbathers carring my floaties!! It's just not a pretty picture!

Southern, Illinois
Level Contributor
695 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Floaties!!

This topless sunbather will not laugh at your floaties!

Illinois
Level Contributor
200 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Floaties!!

bigeasycpl, I am a woman, and I will be on the bright pink float, MAYBE!! haha. Unless I chicken out too. I look like the typical middle age school teacher, happy to be free for the summer (the little bit left anyway).

Illinois
Level Contributor
200 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Floaties!!

soiltravelers, you can be sure I won't be topless! Even if I never see anyone that I know there, I wouldn't want to be on the "banned" list for ever coming back.LOL. But, I think it's fine for the younger (than me) set.