We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

riu cancun-coffee maker in room?????

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
New York
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Topic
riu cancun-coffee maker in room?????

do they have coffee pots in the rooms at the riu cancun?

Oklahoma
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: riu cancun-coffee maker in room?????

I will be at the Riu Cancun Wednesday for the first time but had seen in another thread that there were no coffee pots in the rooms... THAT SUCKS!!!

Hotlanta, GA
Level Contributor
40 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: riu cancun-coffee maker in room?????

Hi! Getting ready to go back to the Riu Cancun in a few weeks. Unfortunately, they do not have coffee makers in the room. I guess they figure that the liquor dispensers make up for that. It was very easy to go to the buffet restaurant and get coffee in the am. I realized something interesting while in Cancun...normally I NEED my coffee in the morning. But for some reason I don't crave it in Cancun. It has something to do with the hot temperature and humidity so early in the morning. You actually feel strange sipping on something so hot while your sweating your tail off. Every morning I had a few sips of coffee so I wouldn't get a caffeine-withdrawal headache, then drank fruit juice. I bet you'll feel the same way.

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: riu cancun-coffee maker in room?????

Isn't there a starbucks close by and how is the coffee at the resort? I am used to strong coffee!

California
Level Contributor
1,353 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: riu cancun-coffee maker in room?????

We never used the coffee pot in the romm at any of the Palace resorts we have stayed at, but it was there..as were tea bags and 24/7 room service.

My husband is a European, and he likes his coffee strong. If the spoon doesn't stand straight up in the middle of the cup it isn't strong enough.

I don't know about RIU, but most hotels/no tells/ motels I have ever stayed at have coffee makers.

Guess that might give you a clue what kind of place you are staying at.

Carpentersville...
Level Contributor
290 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: riu cancun-coffee maker in room?????

I don't think any of the RIU properties have coffee makers in the room. My husband thought he would die. Surprise, he didn't. In fact we found that it made us get going much quicker in the mornings so he could get his coffee. Even though there are no coffee makers in the rooms, and I haven't stayed at this particular resort, I think you will find the RIU properties to be very nice.

Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
351 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: riu cancun-coffee maker in room?????

They don't have them at the Riu cancun but it still is a great hotel..way to solve problem. Pack a couple thermal mugs..the early riser goes and gets coffee and brings it back to the room..if you are up before the buffets open at 7, the sports bar is open 24 hours and has coffee.

In a Little Cafe...
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
10,880 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: riu cancun-coffee maker in room?????

While I'm not a fan of the Riu Hotels in Cancun for politico-economic reasons, the hotels they have built (and restored) and the service they provide is considered among the better in Cancun despite my reasoning. The lack of a coffee pot in the room would hardly be a reason not to stay at them.

texas
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: riu cancun-coffee maker in room?????

no coffee maker in the room, coffee in the resort gets a 4 out of 10, but Starbucks is just across the street

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: riu cancun-coffee maker in room?????

Thanks Texashotmama! Starbucks it will be for me!

10. Re: riu cancun-coffee maker in room?????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:34 am, October 08, 2009